Timmins Economic Development Corporation
Timmins Economic Development Corporation Timmins Canada
2 months ago
Part-time Primary Care Paramedic (Cochrane District)
Part-Time • Timmins Region
Under the direction of the Commanders the following activities are performed in accordance with: Cochrane District Social Services Administration Board and the Cochrane District Emergency Medical Services Policies and Procedures; Ambulance Act; Applicable Legislation.
• Provide Primary Patient Care while ensuring the safe and timely land transportation of ill or injured persons and passengers to, from and between medical treatment facilities, residences and other locations.
• Provide Primary Patient Care and controlled acts under the direction of the Base Hospital Medical Director, and in accordance with the Patient Care Standards and procedures set out by the Ministry of Health, legislation, regulations and CQI Program.
• Drive emergency vehicles in all weather conditions, in a safe and secure manner, in accordance with the *Highway Traffic Act* and the Cochrane... District EMS Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Maintain contact and comply with direction from Central Ambulance Communications Centre (CACC) at all times regarding the vehicle movement, vehicle status, vehicle availability, vehicle location, call assignments and the transportation of patients to medical facilities or required destinations.
• Complete and distribute, in a timely fashion, all required patient and administrative documentation as specified in the *Ambulance Act,* Regulations, Standards, Departmental and Base Hospital Policies and Procedures, including Ambulance Call Reports, Incident Reports and Vehicle Accident Reports.
• Perform other related duties as may be required and/or directed.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualification for employment as a Primary Care Paramedic in accordance with the *Ambulance Act* and other applicable legislation; and
• Certification as a Primary Care Paramedic by the Health Sciences North Centre for Prehospital Care.
• Bilingualism in accordance with the French Language Services policy
• Criminal Record Search.
• COVID -19 Vaccination is required.
The Cochrane District Social Service Administration Board is committed to equity in its policies, practices, and programs. The Board supports diversity in the work environment and ensures that applications from members of underrepresented groups are seriously considered. All qualified individuals who would contribute to the diversification of our workplace are encouraged to apply.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CDSSAB welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Applications will be received in confidence by Sue Chenier, 500 Algonquin Blvd. E., Timmins, Ontario, P4N 1B7, telephone (705) 266-1201, via fax (705) 268-8290, or via email [email protected]*
Job Category: Share this Job: Share via Email Job Expires: 2023-05-08
Part-time Primary Care Paramedic (Cochrane District) Timmins jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.