UNICEF Cameroon Cameroon
2 months ago
How can you make a difference?
The Education Officer is needed by the Cameroon country office to support his programmes to provide professional, technical, operational, and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for education programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative programme tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
He/she will perform the following tasks:
• Support to programme development and planning
• Contribute to the preparation and updating of the situation analysis for the development, design, and management of education-related programmes/projects. Research and report on development trends (economic, social, health, etc.) and data for use in programme development, management, monitoring, evaluation, and... delivery of results.
• Contribute to developing and establishing sectoral programme goals, objectives, and strategies and results-based planning through research, collection, analysis, and reporting of education and other related information for development planning and goal setting.
• Contribute to achievement to the key result for chidren number 3 (KR4C#3)
• Programme management, monitoring, and delivery of results.
• Suggest solutions on routine programme implementation and submit reports to alert appropriate officials and stakeholders for higher-level intervention and/or decisions. Keep a record of reports and assessments for easy reference and/or to capture and institutionalize lessons learned.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews, and annual sectoral reviews with government and other counterparts and prepare minutes/reports on results for follow-up action by higher management and other stakeholders.
• Provide support for the coordination, planning, monitoring and evaluation of Education in Emergencies.
• Technical and operational support to programme implementation
• Undertake field visits and surveys and share information with stakeholders to assess progress and refer to relevant officials for resolution. Report on critical issues, bottlenecks, and potential problems for timely action to achieve results.
• Provide technical and operational support to government counterparts, NGO partners, UN system partners, and other country office partners/donors on the application and understanding of UNICEF policies, strategies, processes, and best practices on education-related issues to support programme implementation, operations, and delivery of results
• Networking and partnership building
• Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with government counterparts and national stakeholders through active sharing of information and knowledge to facilitate programme implementation and build the capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results on education programmes.
• Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnerships and alliances, and support fundraising for education programmes.
• Innovation, knowledge management, and capacity building
• Contribute to identifying, capturing, synthesizing, and sharing lessons learned for knowledge development and capacity development of stakeholders.
• Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable programme results.
• To have more information, please click here: Link to be inserted
Education Officer, (NO-2), Bertoua, Cameroon #71604 jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.