PATH Ethiopia Ethiopia
2 months ago
Required number: 5 (Five)
Location: Amhara (2), Benshangul Gumz (1), Dire Dawa (1) and Oromia (1)
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs.
Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. Since 2007, PATH has collaborated with Ethiopia’s Federal Ministry of Health (MoH... Regional Health Bureaus (RHBs), community groups, and other partners to strengthen the country’s public health systems and address the most pressing health threats, including malaria, tuberculosis, and vaccine-preventable disease. We implement high-impact, evidence-based, sustainable programs to support those most at risk.
PATH is looking for Zonal Mass Vaccination Officer for the USAID-funded “Targeted and tailored support to increase COVID-19 vaccination” project in Ethiopia. The targeted and tailored support to increase the COVID-19 vaccination project will support the government of Ethiopia to fully vaccinate 70 percent of the total population against COVID-19.
The Zonal Mass Vaccination Officer will be based in respective Regional Health Bureau (RHBs) and is responsible to coordinate targeted COVID- 19 vaccination in selected sites in implementation regions. The Zonal Mass Vaccination Officer will report to the regional technical officer based in respective regions. S/he will be working closely with the regional and project leadership team based at PATH country office and carry out day-to-day project activities at zonal, woreda and project sites.
The job is located either in Amhara, Benshangul Gumz, Dire Dawa, and Oromia. Please indicate your location on the cover letter.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
• Coordinate and lead targeted COVID-19 mass vaccination activities at zonal, Woreda and targeted project intervention areas
• With the guidance of Regional technical officer and national team, support the identification of project sites based on COVID-19 mass vaccination intervention categories including low-performing communities, IDP sites, refugee camps, and special target groups
• With the guidance of the regional technical officer and national leadership team, coordinate and facilitate capacity building on planning, implementing, and monitoring of project activities at zonal and woreda level.
• Provide technical inputs to design targeted intervention packages for COVID-19 vaccination.
• Closely support to design gender, religious, and culturally sensitive and inclusive SBCC strategy based on the regional context.
• With the support from regional technical officer, organize and facilitate targeted COVID-19 mass vaccination trainings to zonal, woreda and health facility staff
• In collaboration with zonal SBCC officer, zonal and woreda experts, coordinate and facilitate mass vaccination and outreach site selection and then monitor vaccination activities at each site
• Work closely with zonal and woreda EPI team and key EPI partners at zonal and woreda and project targeted sites to improve COVID-19 vaccine uptake and coverage and routine immunization program improvement
• Coordinate and collaborate with zonal and woreda level key stakeholders working in the region
• Coordinate, supportive supervision and on the-job training EPI program staff on COVID-19 and EPI activities
• Assist in establishment/revitalization of Zonal and Woreda level technical working groups (M&E technical working group, communication working group and EPI task force)
• Provide technical support for Woredas on target estimation and develop bottom-up micro plan for both COVID-19 and routine immunization
• Support Zone and Woredas to improve documentation, reporting, analysis, and use of data for evidence-based decision making.
• Support the scale up of DHIS2 to all Woredas
• Support and facilitate performance review meeting at Zonal and Woreda level
• Closely work with regional project team to document lessons learned, success stories and best practices.
• And any other activity as requested by the supervisor
• BSc and above in public health, nursing, epidemiology, and relevant field of study.
• Minimum eight (8) years’ experience with experience in immunization and maternal and child health programs.
• Proven ability to create and maintain effective working relationships and teamwork with government and partners
• Experience in facilitating meetings, training, supportive supervision, and team building with a variety of stakeholders including local NGOs, institutions, and governmental sector offices.
• Experience in lessons learned documentation, other document preparation and report writing.
• Ability to be effective in high-pressure situations, handles multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Skilled in successfully working with geographically dispersed teams and working in a multicultural environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills.
• Fluency in English and local regional language.
• Proficiency in MS Office suite, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Must have legal Authorization to work in Ethiopia.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please Be Advised
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
• Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected]
Zonal Mass Vaccination Officer, Targeted and Tailored Support to... Ethiopia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.