Oakleaf Recruitment Maidenhead United Kingdom
2 months ago
Reporting to: Hospital Director
Purpose of the jobTo support the Service Manager in the day to day operation of the service, deputising as directed in their absence and to be responsible for the direct supervision & line-management of nurses, support staff and any other staff as required by the service. Responsible and accountable for monitoring, maintaining and providing the highest standards
of nursing, clinical & personal support and service delivery, while promoting independence and choice to the people that we support.
• To ensure that person centred plans for the people we support are assessed, planned, evaluated and implemented, consulting with and involving the people we suport, as well as relevant others (e.g. family, support staff, health and social care professionals) where appropriate.
• To be responsible for managing a team of Nurses and other support staff including daily & formal supervision, as required.
• To ensure the provision and maintenance... of a high quality, efficient service delivery which promotes peoples independence by leading through example.
• To delegate and allocate duties to the nursing and support staff ensuring that guidance and supervision are given, constantly monitoring skills and identifying training needs.
• To oversee the monitoring of care that is provided and practices to ensure safety and relevant legislation, policies, standards and guidance are followed and met.
• To oversee the ongoing assessment of peoples needs (includingassessment of people who join the service) and to organise and manage the shift to ensure that the appropriate support is delivered; observing any change in their health and well-being and ensuring this managed and recorded in an appropriate & timely way. Making any necessary referrals immediately.
• To oversee all nursing support, ensuring that nursing needs are recorded to a high professional standard and in accordance with VCG procedures & NMC guidelines.
• To oversee & audit the ordering, safe storage and administration of medicines.
• To ensure people are supported as identified in their person centred plan (PCP), ensuring that their independence is preserved and developed along with appropriate levels of privacy and dignity.
• To ensure the support provided to the people we support complies with the standards of care required by Valorum Care Group, the registering authority, and good practice.
• To support & facilitate peoples communication with their relatives, friends, professionals and other members of staff, in order to ensurethe continuity of quality and safety in the provision of support.
• To assist in the recruitment and induction of all new staff at the service.
• To contribute to an effective programme of training, staff development and appraisal, including the maintenance of accurate records.
• To undertake formal line management of the nurses (and other staff as required) in accordance withValorum Care Group’s policy and regulatory requirements.
• To work in partnership with stakeholders internally and externally
• To participate in the 'on-call’ procedure as required at the service.
• To be conversant with the financial constraints within the service and contribute towards the management of the overall budget.
• To fully comply with all policies and procedures set out by Valorum Care Group.
• To be responsible for developing and sustaining own continuing professional development (knowledge, clinical skills and professional awareness) in line with the NMC revalidation and VCG processes.
• To comply with all health and safety policies and procedures including local safeguarding & mental capacity act (MCA) policies and procedures.
• To participate in supervision, staff meetings and training activities (including updates), etc. as required, sometimes off-site and out of normal hours.
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested.
• To be a registered nurse, and hold a full NMC pin
• To be able to demonstrate relevant post qualification learning would be advantageous.
• Understanding of the NMC code of conduct and relevant practice standards and guidance.
• To have experience of communicating with professionals and other agencies.
• To have a thorough understanding of assessing clinical and personal support needs and how to write and review comprehensive personalised support plans to include risk assessment.
• To have experience of managing a team of nursing and support staff.
• To be able to work flexibly in accordance with rostered hours and participate with on-call.
• To demonstrate a commitment to Valorum Care Groups ethos and values.
• To comply with Health and Safety laws which includes adherence Infection Prevention Control Measures as per policy and procedures at all times
• To comply with all policies, procedures and training applicable to infection, prevention and control.
• To comply with all mandatory training, whether in person or e-learning, which is identified as applicable to your role. To ensure that training is completed ahead of assigned deadlines. In the case of night workers, there is an expectation for you to attend face-to-face training during daily working hours, subject to reasonable notice.
Key competencies & skills
• Demonstrate an empathetic and caring approach ensuring that dignity and respect is maintained.
• Demonstrate awareness of evidence based practice.
• Demonstrate sound observational skills to identify potential or actual changes in health status of the individual.
• To have knowledge of customer self-advocacy and empowerment.
• To be able to train, coach, motivate and develop staff.
• To have good interpersonal skills, able to communicate with people at all levels.
• To have good verbal & written communication skills in English and a good level of numeracy so as to be able to maintain accurate records
Jobs in Maidenhead United Kingdom
Clinical Lead / Deputy Manager Maidenhead jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.