Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston Houston TX United States
2 months ago
Bilingual Youth Care Worker - B Shift
Smith - Houston, TX
TheSt. Michael’s Home for Childrenat Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston is seeking fourYouth Care Workers. This role will be working in the B shift, 2:30pm to 10:30pm.
The Youth Care Workers is responsible for providing personalized care and services that uphold program policies and procedures in accordance with licensure, ensuring children’s rights to a safe, culturally sensitive and age-appropriate environment is in place. The YCW assists in the daily activities, transportation, and monitoring of clients as indicated by the client’s service plan, including: personal care, socialization, education, recreation, orientation, behavior management, and safety plans.
The successful candidate will be bilingual in both Spanish and English, have experience working within the field of child welfare, and be able to multi-task in a face paced environment.
• Provides quality care and supervision to clients in accordance with program philosophy, policy and procedure and client rights.
• Monitors direct care of all clients in ratio by supervising clients in their daily activities as outlined in their personalized service plan as well as creating a safe and nurturing home environment.
• Reports any doubts, questions or concerns regarding client behaviors immediately to the supervisor or before the shift’s end.
• Effectively communicates information pertaining to the clients according to the program policies and procedures to ensure quality services and client safety.
• Maintains accurate and ongoing documentation regarding daily client care, activities, events and changes in behaviors that occurred on duty, including but not limited to, progress notes and incident reports in the timeline necessary for the safety of clients and staff.
• Assists in the development, oversight or provision of activities for clients in care as approved by the supervisor, for safety and licensure compliance.
• Maintains confidentiality and continues on-going training compliance in accordance with state regulations and both Catholic Charities and St. Michael’s Home for Children requirements.
• Attends all mandatory meetings and required trainings as needed to maintain full agency, funder and licensure compliance.
• Performing other duties as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma or equivalent
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bilingual in Spanish and English.
• Minimum of 12 months of work experience in working with at-risk juveniles, especially adolescents, preferably in shelters.
• Strong verbal and writing skills.
• Ability to cook, handle laundry, and house cleaning.
• Pleasant disposition and professional demeanor.
• Ability to prioritize work responsibilities, handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of professional boundaries with kids, staff and volunteers.
• Must have reliable transportation, valid Texas driver’s license and valid vehicle insurance.
• Position requires driving in personal vehicle and/or Agency vehicle to include freeways and highways to satellite offices, trainings, and offsite meetings and events, throughout the 10 counties Catholic Charities serves from Galveston to Richmond and surrounding towns as needed.
• Must be able to work on a flexible schedule as needed to meet work, program and project deadlines
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX United States
Bilingual Youth Care Worker - B Shift Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.