Dutch Committee for Afghanistan (DCA)
Dutch Committee for Afghanistan (DCA) Kandahar Afghanistan
2 months ago
Category: Agriculture Marketing Veterinary Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: As per the organization salary scale
Vacancy Number: DCA/22/245
No. Of Jobs: 1
City: Kandahar city with work at the targeted districts
Organization: Dutch Committee for Afghanistan (DCA)
Years of Experience: 3 years
Contract Duration: 5 months with extension possibility
Education: Bachelor degree in livestock, with knowledge and experiences in marketing of poultry livestock productions.
Close date: 2022-10-15
About Dutch Committee for Afghanistan (DCA):
DCA has been present in Afghanistan since 1988, focusing its interventions to herders and pastoralist communities' to build resilience and enabling them to achieve long-term, inclusive and equitable development. DCA is currently implementing several livestock development and humanitarian projects in 15 provinces of Afghanistan. In 2021, we were able to benefit more than 586,000 vulnerable Afghans in... building their resilience.
DCA's mission is to reduce poverty and increase food security for the people of Afghanistan by protecting the livelihoods assets and building resilience. Our livelihoods approach sits at the nexus of humanitarian, development, and peacebuilding, and focuses on building resilience in a conflict-setting. DCA's community driven approach is built upon four major pillars: food security and livelihoods improvement, extension, value chain development, and institutional capacities. Together, these four fields of activities constitute a powerful mix to drive our mission. Gender equality and one health (the interface between human, animal and environmental health stressing on new pandemics and epidemics such as COV-19) will continue to be our fundamental guiding principles.
General Position Summary
The marketing officer is responsible for promotion and maintenance of poultry and other lievstock production specifically with identified beneficiaries at the targeted districts of Kandahar province, responsible for collecting market related information, enhance capacity of the targeted beneficiaries by organizing technical related trainings and sharing other innovative ideas to improve poultry and othe livestock production and practices of the targeted beneficiaries. Have experiences of working with community specifically the female beneficiaries and willing for regular traveling to all targeted districts. Coordination and provide assistant to the project manager and other project team members for successful and efficient completion of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop training manuals, presentations to conduct theoretical and practical trainings for the poultry and other identified beneficiaries.
- Conduct trainings and assist the female beneficiaries on various topics including business development, processing of the products, and marketing.
- Assist collecting market information and feasibility studies and share the information with the project management for further decision.
- Identify and link the targeted beneficiaries with traders and traders with poultry producer associations, input suppliers, processors, or market, for generating income.
- Manage interventions at the district, and community levels that promote linkages between female farmers, livestock producers, local suppliers and markets.
- Identify the opportunities for value chain development in the livestock sector based on market analysis.
- Devise and follow the strategy to increase revenues and sales of the targeted poultry producers and other female livestock beneficiaries.
- Support the poultry and other livestock producers to improve and standardize the quality of the products and add value to increase the prices.
- Create system for the poultry producers to work as self-help group and collect the product and link to market.
- Advise the producer on marketing and added value and value chine development of their products.
- Frequent communicate, share information and reporting the progress to the line manager.
- Prepare written weekly, monthly, and other required, progressive reports of the achievements.
- Facilitate visit of Project manager, M& E staff of DCA and funder agency during their field visit, Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor degree in livestock, with knowledge and practical experience in marketing of poultry and other livestock producers.
- At least three years of experience on marketing of livestock production.
- Extensive knowledge and experiences of work with women as extension worker at remote area.
- Effective communication, skills in English and fluency in Pashtoo and Dari.
- Previous experience of working with NGOs on marketing of the products at the targeted area.
- Proven experience in livestock production, promotion, and market-based programming.
- Previous experience in designing technical materials and conducting capacity-building trainings.
- Willing to travel to the coverage areas of the project.
- Highly qualified of extension and work with community. High quality of reporting skills
Female Marketing Officer Kandahar jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.