Medisoft Limited Leeds United Kingdom
2 months ago
Medisoft is the UK’s leading provider of software for hospital Ophthalmology services and private eye clinics. Our main product, mediSIGHT®, is used routinely at over 100 organisations worldwide to help clinical teams assess vision defects and save sight, consolidating over 20 years of product development and user feedback. mediSIGHT® is localised and branded as HEYEX EMR for French and German speaking European markets.
Our mission: To transform the practice of ophthalmology through class-leading EMR technology
Our values: Integrity, trust, belief in product, professionalism, specialist knowledge
Our vision: To become the world’s leading supplier of ophthalmic electronic medical records
We are looking for an experienced Systems Analyst to lead on the design and implementation of new clinical features. Along with the Lead Developer, you will drive one of our core product development teams and own key functional areas of mediSIGHT. This is an exciting... opportunity to join our strong team of analysts in a critical role and collaborate with global key opinion leaders in the field of ophthalmology.
The successful candidate will be thorough and systematic with a keen eye for detail. Good technical ability and a proven aptitude for problem-solving are essential. They will be proactive in their approach and confident dealing with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external alike.
Key responsibilities include:
• Gaining a deep knowledge of our software products and aspects of ophthalmology.
• Meeting and liaising with clinicians at customer sites, our clinical advisory panel and research partners, virtually and in person, to understand, analyse and document their requirements.
• Using wireframe tools to prototype new designs, seeking clinical feedback, and iterating continually.
• Writing detailed functional specifications including screen mock-ups and workflow diagrams, which will be used by Medisoft’s software developers and testers to deliver and validate new features for the system.
• Communicating the requirements and intended design to the team.
• Gathering technical input from the development team to further refine the design and technical requirements, including how the data/database is to be modelled.
• Leading sprint ceremonies and contributing to release planning.
• Prioritising the delivery backlog based on value, size and impact of each deliverable.
• Driving the development team to deliver product increments each sprint.
• Encouraging continual improvement and collaboration within the team.
• Writing acceptance criteria and oversee testing of the features specified to ensure they look and work as described in the functional specification.
• Demonstrating new features at user forums and to the wider business during Sprint Review meetings.
• Consideration of and adherence to clinical safety processes.
• Raising, triaging and managing bugs and improvements based on exploratory testing or customer feedback.
• Contributing towards assessment and triage of customer change requests.
• Reviewing documentation produced by other analysts and supporting them on jointly owned features or projects as required.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent analytical skills and a proven aptitude for problem-solving.
• Hands-on knowledge of how to elicit customer requirements and analyse workflows and usage data, in order to define business requirements and use cases.
• Extensive experience of writing functional specifications for new features (not simply enhancements to existing features) for a major healthcare software system.
• A good understanding of the technical and practical challenges encountered during the systems development lifecycle.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to engage with all levels of employees and customers.
• Willingness to learn new skills and develop within the role as required.
Desirable additional criteria:
• Focus on usability/UX.
• Experience of working with Healthcare coding systems e.g., SNOMED-CT, OPCS, ICD-10 etc.
• Experience of Healthcare interoperability standards/technology frameworks such as HL7 and FHIR
• Experience querying data with SQL tools
• Experience of clinical risk management
• Experience of product localisation
Technologies you will be using are:
• Microsoft Azure DevOps, Visio, Excel, Word
• Axure RP
• HL7 Soup
We do not expect specific knowledge of Ophthalmology, but we are looking for a quick learner who is genuinely excited about our products, our market, and how we can improve the practice of specialist eye care.
We make a difference
At Medisoft we believe that we are transforming the practice of ophthalmology through class-leading medical record technology. This isn’t mere hyperbole, we work with many customers across the world who have shared their successes built on use of our software: improving patient care, reducing process inefficiencies and supporting real world research studies into new treatments and procedures. To work at Medisoft is to play a key part in this ongoing drive for ophthalmic improvement.
Medisoft is also dedicated to being a great place to work. We are passionate about being an inclusive and diverse organisation, where everyone is respected, supported and valued no matter who they are. We work constantly to maximise the skills within our team as we recognise that you’re more than a CV, and everyone is capable of making a difference to our business.
To attract and retain the very best talent we offer a generous package, which includes:
• Salary up to £45,000.00 depending on experience
• Full time, permanent role (37.5 hours)
• Flexible working; core hours 10:00 – 3:00
• Hybrid working model (minimum of one day in five in the office, dependent on job role)
• Modern air-conditioned office within a short walk from Leeds Train Station
• Free on-site gym
• Casual dress
• Generous referral bonus of £2,000
• Annual Team Tour (restrictions permitting)
• Learning & Development programmes and opportunities,
• Support to gain Microsoft qualifications.
• Employer matched 5% Pension contributions.
• Incremental annual leave entitlement
• Buy & Sell Annual Leave scheme up to 5 days
• Cycle & Travel to work schemes
• Eye care and contribution to DSE eyewear
• Part of global Group company with opportunities for personal growth across multiple business areas and regions.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit your CV together with a cover letter, explaining your motivations for applying for the role and any relevant information supporting your application.
We reserve the right to close the job advert if we find the ideal candidate for the position
Clinical Systems Analyst Leeds jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.