University of Toronto
University of Toronto Ontario Canada
2 months ago
Date Posted: 03/10/2023
Req ID: 30151
Faculty/Division: Vice-President, Division of University Advancement
Department: Campaign and Marketing
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00040909
The Division of University Advancement (DUA) aims to sustain and enhance the University of Toronto’s academic mission, leadership, and worldwide impact, by engaging alumni and private sector constituents meaningfully in the mission of the University, building mutually beneficial relationships of increasing value and satisfaction over time.
DUA at the University of Toronto is engaged in a transformative agenda deeply rooted in the University’s vision for growth and innovation. We are focus on growing fundraising efforts; enhancing the effectiveness and satisfaction of alumni engagement and programs; building advancement talent capacity within and across divisions; creating an organization and culture that fosters diversity and inclusiveness.
Working under the supervision of the Executive Creative Director, Integrated Marketing and Communications, the incumbent will proactively identify new design applications and production methods for awards, brochures, event promotion, recognition packages and multimedia design as well as implementing existing methods and means to achieve design goals. The overall design service for the Division of University Advancement (DUA) includes; Advancement Communication, Annual Fund, President’s Circle, Gift Planning, Donation Management and Alumni Awards and advancement events. The incumbent provides the same expert services to members of thegreater university community when required. The incumbent also conceives and produces complex design and layout that reflects innovative thought and maintains the structural integrity of advancement branding exercises. The incumbent will also possess superior photographic skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Creating and producing graphic designs that reflect departmental and/or divisional objectives
• Designing graphic elements for digital and online media
• Developing content for marketing and/or promotional materials
• Reviewing and approving graphic design materials for publication
• Liaising with clients throughout the project to provide updates and ensure clients' needs and objectives are captured
• Formatting graphic files for print
• Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
• 4 years of experience with design and production.
• Comprehensive experience with design software including primarily InDesign, Photo Shop and Illustrator.
• Must be knowledgeable in producing a wide variety of marketing materials.
• Must be able to deal with a wide variety of clients including senior administrators, external media, consultants, service providers and both unionized and non-unionized staff.
• Exceptional skills and ability to work with Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office.
• Skilled in photography and especially the use of a digital camera.
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to engage and probe with a wide variety of individuals including senior administrators, external media, consultants, service providers.
• Strong communication skills; ability to communicate with the leadership team, staff and other designers to ensure that their designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information.
• Strong artistic ability; ability to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to.
• Strong creativity ability; ability to think of new approaches to communicating ideas, develop unique designs that convey a recognizable meaning.
• Time-management skills: often work on multiple projects at the same time, each with a different deadline, ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
To be successful in this role you will be:
• Team player
NOTE: This is a one (1) year term position.
Closing Date: 03/23/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget - Term
Schedule: Full-Time NOTE: This is a one (1) year term position.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 10 -- $63,720 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $81,485. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Blythe Campbell
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Toronto embraces Diversity and is building a culture of belonging that increases our capacity to effectively address and serve the interests of our global community. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons, women, persons with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual and gender identities. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise are essential to strengthening our academic mission.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources staff. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning purposes. For more information, please see http://uoft.me/UP.
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission.
The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact [email protected]
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.