ALSTOM Sweden Sweden
2 months ago
Location: Vasteras, SE
Test Engineer Control
Req ID : 399816
Alstom in Västerås is one out of three Global Component Development Sites for Powertrain system components within the Rolling Stock & Components division. Alstom Vasteras is also a global Test and Technology Centre for Powertrain Systems.
Among other things in Västerås we develop powertrain systems including as well converter- and traction motor design as the software controlling the whole system as well as the individual subsystems. We also have a PowerLab for large scale validation & verification in-house.
Are you interested in new challenges and want to be part of one our innovative engineering teams? We are now strengthening our teams and looking for new colleagues, both experienced and less exprienced. If you are looking for a job in an international environment, as well in office as on the trains, working in a team together experienced control theory experts, apply for our... exciting
Test Engineer Control role for our site in Vasteras, Sweden.
The main purpose of the role is to develop and execute in particular integration and overall (validation) tests for the whole propulsion control system. The control system can be a very complex system with hard requirements on redundancy, reliability and safety, which put a need for the tester to gain a good understanding of the whole propulsion system.
The tester may also participate on testing or commissioning of the system both in power lab and on trains. We also foresee the need of the tester to be able to act at test leader and on a longer perspective as verifier and/or validator.
In most cases the testing is developed and executed in our simulation environments, which can be within the tool suit from MathWorks or on the Hardware-in-the-Loop simulator (RTS). On the RTS the controlled propulsion system is simulated while the SW is the real SW running on real control electronics as if it was placed within the real system. Part of the job is to develop the test environments to fulfill the needs from testing. The RTS is built around a simulator setup from dspace (from Paderborn in Germany)
All work is done in close cooperation with our teams working as well on test environment and product development as product configuration/development for customer deliveries.
What you ll get to do :
• Write test specifications
• Develop and execute test cases, primarily integration and overall tests (system validation)
• Define and execute different test methodologies, e.g. exploratory test, when appropriate
• Develop the test environment to cover the needs for testing
• Evaluate, analyze and document test results
• Plan and coordinate testing in e.g. a project or for the products, possible with testers on other locations
• Continuous improvements and development of the V&V activities and the test team.
You ll Need To Have
• A great interest in developing Software testing
• MSc/BSc within electro, engineering physics, robotics/mechatronics or similar
• Testing, simulation and modelling, real time systems
• Knowledge of electrical propulsion systems, control theory and signal processing is a merit
• Experience within test development and methodology, e.g. an ISTQB certification, is a merit
• Good understanding of English, both spoken and written
Who are we?
Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customized services, infrastructure, signaling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
What do we offer? An agile, inclusive, and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals
Test Engineer Control Sweden jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.