Trigon Recruitment Capheaton Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
1 week ago
Role:- Housing and Resettlement Officer
Salary:- 25k per annum DOE
Reports to:- Team Manager
Contract:- 6 months duration
Trigon Recruitment are supporting a well established National Charity who have been supporting vulnerable persons in the areas of homelessness and substance misuse for the last 40 years. The housing and resettlement officer role is a pivotal role in supporting you people in the area to secure/maintain tenancies and support them to live independently. This role will be operating in an around the Durham area. A driver with access to own vehicle is essential to the peripatetic nature of the role. The role is to cover maternity leave and is envisaged to last at least 6 months.
• To provide outreach support and advice to young people in the community to support them to secure appropriate accommodation and live independently.
• Manage a caseload of young people as allocated by the Team Manager and complete high... quality and comprehensive needs assessments and risk assessments for those young people.
• Develop comprehensive support / risk plans to identify how the individuals needs will be met in order to help each service user live independently within the community and achieve sustained outcomes.
• Undertake outreach sessions to referral agencies and other stakeholders to publicise the service, to receive referrals and to give signposting advice. To attend any relevant multiagency meetings as required.
• Review individual support / risk plans within appropriate timescales and no later than once every three months.
• Deliver 'tenancy ready training to individuals or small groups of service users together
• Record case notes, input information onto the database promptly and maintain other relevant Management Information Systems as required in order to ensure effective case management and assist monitoring and evaluation of service delivery.
• Liaise with statutory and other appropriate agencies / network/ forums to contribute to the development of a comprehensive needs and risk assessment for each client and general service provision.
• Work as part of a team providing cross provision/ service support where reasonable and attending regular team meetings.
• Ensure that vulnerable people are protected through knowledge and application of Adult and Child Safeguarding Procedures.
The ideal candidate
• Able to work some evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of welfare benefits system and relevant legislation.
• Knowledge of housing options available and relevant legislation.
• Knowledge of Safeguarding practice and relevant legislation.
• Experience of multi-agency working with a wide range of external partners.
• Experience of supporting vulnerable people, including support planning and risk management.
• Experience of, and ability to, manage a case load of service users, supporting them to achieve greater independence.
• Ability to communicate well and maintain accurate records within appropriate case management systems.
• Experience of working/dealing with young people
• Excellent inter personal skills
• Strong communicator
Capheaton Newcastle upon Tyne UK
Jobs in Capheaton Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom
Housing and Resettlement Officer Capheaton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.