Old Mutual Kampala Uganda
6 days ago
1. The purpose of the role is to provide quality underwriting outcomes for the Commercial/Personal lines underwriting function through effectively maintaining underwriting standards and providing quality client, Agency and broker service. Must be multi skilled with the ability to mentor and train junior underwriters & Operations Officers and have high technical knowledge.
2. To Administer and control the company’s underwriting operations to ensure profitable, business & product development, quality and timely service and to implement the company’s reinsurance program based on overall company’s objectives.
3. Maintain compliance with regulatory and treaty requirements.
4. Assess risks based on information availed in the proposal forms, medical reports and other relevant documents.
5. Capture data into the system and issue policy documents
6. Allocate premium to correct accounts
7. Oversee all bancassurance activities in terms of... underwriting
8. Prepare underwriting documents.
9. Prepare Re-insurance cards on large risks.
10. Undertake any other duties as required commensurate with the level of the position.
11. Prepare quotations in consultation with supervisors, in a timely manner to assist in business acquisition
12. Prepare, dispatch and follow up of renewal business to ensure retention
13. Book premiums and process underwriting documentation
14. Respond to customer queries and complaints in a timely manner
15. Enforce credit control and cancel policies not paid for to ensure premium is received for risks accepted
16. Continually review the performance of Accounts/Brokers within the section for follow up accounts that are not performing well.
17. Ensure timely and accurate quotation for business and follow up on the same and thereafter filing monthly reports detailing renewal capture and status of un-renewed business.
18. Follow up on premium collection and enforce the credit control policy to ensure that premiums are collected in good time.
19. Ensure accuracy of renewal notice and timely preparation of renewal terms for major accounts while ensuring that a copy of such terms is maintained for reference purposes.
20. Prepare policy documents to ensure that they are as per terms agreed and that they get the legal effect, approve and sign them within the authority limits for effective service delivery
21. Oversee supervision, training, coaching, mentoring of the Junior underwriters and the Operations officer for effective service delivery and motivation of staff.
22. Ensure preparation of management reports for the department to advice the status of the department at any time.
23. Support the product development team in Life business to ensure relevance.
24. Ensure all necessary underwriting information required to place the risk in the reinsurance market is obtained.
25. Preparation of reinsurance underwriting statistics including reinsurance recoveries on a regular basis and update the same at periodic intervals as per requirement.
26. Coordination of renewal of annual treaty program and preparation of statistics for treaty renewal in line with the IRA deadline.
27. Administration of treaty through timely preparation and submission of quarterly returns, calculation of profit commission, preparation of annual premium adjustment at end of treaty year and follow up on premium settlements and recoveries due.
1. Business, Calculations, Consulting, Customer Follow-Ups, Documentations, Insurance, Legal Practices, Management Reporting, Monthly Reporting, Office Administration, Patient Outcomes, Profitability, Reinsurance, Supervision, Underwriting
2. Diploma In Insurance(Chartered Insurance Institute) (Required), Honours Degree (Hons) (Required
Underwriter Uganda Life Kampala jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.