Argus Media Singapore Singapore
1 week ago
Market Analyst/Reporter, Battery Metals – Asia Market
Based in Singapore
Argus is an independent media organisation with 1,300 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 29 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centres. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences. Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders, global growth equity firm General Atlantic and Hg, the specialist software and technology services investor. Argus Media is committed to ensuring career and personal growth for all its staff and provides extensive training and career development opportunities, as well as... participation in employee-led initiatives, including a women’s network. Our core values are Excellence, Integrity, Partnership and Inclusivity.
What will you be doing?
Did you know that the global awakening towards decarbonisation and sustainability has spurred the demand for Electric Vehicles (EVs), resulting in a corresponding rise in demand for energy metals used in EV batteries? With Asia playing a pivotal role in the battery value chain, Singapore Exchange (SGX) has launched a suite of commodity contracts that include four battery raw materials – cobalt metal, cobalt hydroxide, lithium carbonate and lithium hydroxide.
Argus has been at the forefront of covering battery metals, and we are looking for a driven, passionate, and resourceful market reporter/analyst to join our editorial team.
This is an excellent opportunity to forge your career covering global commodities and energy. You will learn to make daily price assessments in a sector of the international market and write daily market commentaries and news. Being part of a small team also means there will be cross-training and plenty of opportunity to gain experience in other commodities and learn from our experienced Senior Market Reporters/Editors. In addition, there are opportunities to travel and present papers at industry conferences, and lead webinar sessions.
You do not need prior commodities or energy industry experience. Instead, intelligence, curiosity, writing ability and a real desire to produce quality journalism are the primary qualities we look for in a very diverse pool of candidates.
• Monitor and assess fast-moving markets to produce daily price assessments and intelligence, market commentaries, news, analysis, and reports.
• Establish strong relationships with key members of the industry and business leaders through meetings and daily communications to gain an in-depth understanding of your market.
• Proactively generate news leads and pitch stories, contribute copy to the relevant publication and the online news service, and offer contributions to unique content (blog posts, white papers, webinars, podcasts, etc.).
• Collaborate with colleagues on the desk and in other teams to enhance and drive coverage.
• Attend meetings, conferences, and industry events to build contacts, report on news and represent Argus in the industry.
• Build up your industry expertise and writing skills to provide readers with first-class market insights and analysis.
To learn more about the report this role covers, please click on the below link:
What we’re looking for in you
• An articulate graduate with a strong degree
• The ability to develop, verify and write industry-relevant news/content to deadline is preferred
• Prior experience working in financial or commodities journalism is beneficial but not essential
• Excellent writing, grammar, and numeracy skills
• Proficiency working with Excel and interest in further developing data skills.
• Strong coordination and time management skills with the ability to work well within a team, and a keen eye for detail
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to network and build contacts with industry executives
• Able to work independently whilst also engaging and collaborating in line with the Argus values: Excellence, Integrity, Partnership, and Inclusivity
What’s in it for you:
• Work within a highly motivated team with an industry leader and rapidly growing global company
• Competitive salary and bonus in line with education, experience, and skills
• Hybrid working model - Work from Home options available
• Excellent location at Raffles Place – close to public transport and amenities
• Group Healthcare Scheme (Comprehensive outpatient - GP and specialist, dental and hospitalisation)
• 20 days of annual leave
• Career development and promotion from within the culture
• Ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities
• Employee Welfare & Employee Assistance Programme
• Cover conferences and events (5-10% of overseas travel is expected).
Monday through Friday, 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
Earlier or later hours, or weekend hours, may be expected on occasion.
We're not engaging any recruitment agencies for this role, so if you're interested, please apply directly.
We will conduct interviews continuously and reserve the right to take down the advertisement when we find the right candidate.
Please send in your application via our official careers website at https://www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions.
Jobs posted on other websites and that do not link to our careers website may not be legitimate and may be fraudulent. If you are contacted by someone whom you suspect may not be appropriately representing Argus, please send the details to us via an email with “Recruitment Fraud” in the subject title
Market Analyst/Reporter, Battery Metals – Asia Market Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.