Plan International Harare Zimbabwe
2 months ago
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood and we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity.
We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. In Zimbabwe, we have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 31 years. Plan International operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
Location: Harare Country Office
Reporting to the Communications Specialist, the Communications Officer is responsible for the production of designs (both inhouse and outsourced) and ensures the work is produced to brief, budget and time. This would typically include writing specifications, project management, building schedules, picture... research and monitoring spends against budget.
• Working from the publication brief, develops initial creative concepts along with the suggestions on Final format, works with the writer (where necessary) or finished copy to ensure copy and design product fit, amends design as necessary from feedback and produces finished design product.
• Produces graphics and info graphics for publications, internal website and our online presence.
• Assists in producing web and social media pages content
• Reviews the publishing and design outputs from all offices and offer feedback and advice to ensure compliance with Plan’s Brand Manual.
• Provides design, publishing advice and direction to plan’s staff at CO under the direction of the Communications Specialist.
• Plans and designs sub brands and guidelines for campaigns and initiatives
Dealing with Problems:
• Ensures external suppliers (designers, printers etc.) continue to provide Plan with the best quality and value. Works with them to ensure they understand Plan’s work and needs. Seeks and recommends new suppliers where necessary.
• Provides constructive and informative recommendations when supporting Plan offices with design advice.
• Identifies design and print skills gaps within Plan, plans and conducts training and skilling sessions if there is a demand and need.
• Ensures compliance within Plan Zimbabwe to Plan’s corporate branding and publishing standards of accuracy, style and presentation.
Communications and Working Relationships;
• Plan stakeholders to facilitate documentation and sharing of program outcomes and experiences (medium)
• Work with Communications Department colleagues and Program teams to produce materials.
Other key deliverables including:
Adherence to Plan policies, including:
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding of Children & Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A Degree in Visual Communications and Multi-media Design, Communication, Journalism, Mass Communication or Media and Society Studies.
• 1-2 years relevant working experience.
• Competent designer, proven design experience in producing publication and marketing materials.
• Proven experience/ portfolio of using Adobe CS software, specifically Illustrator, In design, Photoshop and Fireworks.
• Competent in providing creative design solutions, working directly with clients and delivering within budget and timescale.
• Experience of working with external suppliers for specialist services, for example art workers, printers and digital project specialists.
• Experience of picture research and editing.
• Experience of creating design and/ or publications for mobile environments.
• Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant applications,
• Able to do several projects/tasks at one time.
• A creative and innovative approach to design.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and work with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
• Excellent proof-reading skills.
• Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Comfortable working within a team.
• Promotes high performance.
• Communicates effectively.
• Behaves consistently in approach to work and decision-making.
PLAN INTERNATIONAL’S VALUES IN PRACTICE
We are open and accountable
• Promotes a culture of openness and transparency, including with sponsors and donors.
• Holds self and others accountable to achieve the highest standards of integrity.
• Consistent and fair in the treatment of people.
• Open about mistakes and keen to learn from them.
• Accountable for ensuring we are a safe organisation for all children, girls & young people.
We strive for lasting impact
• Articulates a clear purpose for staff and sets high expectations.
• Creates a climate of continuous improvement, open to challenge and new ideas.
• Focuses resources to drive change and maximise long-term impact, responsive to changed priorities or crises.
• Evidence-based and evaluates effectiveness.
We work well together
• Seeks constructive outcomes, listens to others, willing to compromise when appropriate.
• Builds constructive relationships across Plan International to support our shared goals.
• Develops trusting and ‘win-win’ relationships with funders, partners and communities.
• Engages and works well with others outside the organization to build a better world for girls and all children.
We are inclusive and empowering
• We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.
• We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge equality in our programs and our workplace.
• We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and change their own lives.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit their curriculum vitae & cover letter outlining their suitability for the position. Plan International takes very seriously the responsibility and duty to ensure that we and anyone who represents us does not in any way harm or place at risk children and young people. In this regard, reference & background checks will be performed including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Safeguarding Policy.
This position is open to Zimbabwean nationals
Location: Zimbabwe (Harare)
Type of role: Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 21 March 2023
Please note that Plan International does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Communications Officer Harare jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.