Hire Power Recruitment
Hire Power Recruitment Gqeberha South Africa
2 months ago
Reference: PE000074-HP -2
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role of the Toolmaker/ Toolsetter reports to the Logistics Manager and includes but is not limited to the following:
• Remove tool from Press; Plan all tool changes in advance – ensure all resources available to the tool change. Ensure tool is collected and stored according to required standards and procedures.
• Set tools up according to specifications in respect of new jobs – monitor in-process production on a tool to ensure setting do not vary from original setting (monitor OEE and scrap as first signs of possible deviation of toolsetting on a press). Ensure first-off and last-off is produced and is according to specification.
• Carry out visual checks required to ensure production run is “good to go” after checking first off.
• Conduct various safety checks e.g. clamps, press (crown setting) – according to work instructions and quality / technical specifications; Detect and report any broken tools.
• Track OEE and... investigate negative OEE trends. Report resultant corrective actions or improvement actions to production co-ordinator.
• Conduct shift handover to toolmaker on next shift (concerning current line/tool status, problems etc).
• Complete associated documentation e.g., timesheets and toolbox checks and OEE system data inputs.
• Assist with line duties from time to time - should there be no tool changeover duties available/required.
• Tool setting certificate with 5+ years of tool setting experience.
• Highly advantageous is the ability to read engineering drawings.
• Essential is the applicant's experience to operate and monitor press machines and have a full understanding of production process (stages, quality indicators, scrap etc).
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
• MUST be a qualified artisan: Toolmaker with Red Seal.
• Matric is essential Grade 12) – preferably with English & Maths as subjects or extensive experience (assessable skills) in applying Maths to measurements and calculations.
• Essential is the ability to problem solve out-of-specification results with regards to tool setting – effect on production machinery and end/manufactured product and identify corrective actions.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
• Earliest commencement date: The position is currently open.
• Market-related salary. R175.00 per hour + Allowances and Overtime.
Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. Out-of-town applicants must be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Profile: Technical and Engineering
Career Level: 5+ Years.
Employment: Permanent, full-time
E.E. / Non-EE: Open
Working Hours: 45 Hour week + Overtime. Must be prepared to work shifts. 6/2, 2/10 and 10/6., as well as straight shift 07:00 to 16:45 and night shift 18:00 to 05:45. Shift allowance from 6 pm and overtime pay. Provident fund only.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Short-listed applicant may be required to complete and pass an assessment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Package & Remuneration
plus Overtime when required
Gqeberha South Africa
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.