Northland Power Inc.
Northland Power Inc. Toronto Canada
2 months ago
At Northland, we’re enablers of change, united by our journey to transform the energy sector into the foundation for a sustainable future.
Since our inception, we’ve been early movers in the energy industry, adopting new initiatives that pave the way for communities across the globe and helping forge their path towards a carbon-neutral landscape.
We’re a different kind of independent power producer. As developers, owners and operators who are at the forefront of the energy transition, we’re uniquely positioned to leave a lasting impact in the regions where we operate. We’ve expanded our business across Canada, the United States, Latin America, Europe and Asia to become a global leader, all by bringing together industry experts to find solutions with an entrepreneurial mindset.
While our work powers communities across the globe, Northland is powered by our people.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will work closely with the Manager, Consolidations on the preparation of global... consolidation and other sub-consolidation models. This includes, but is not limited to, preparation of journal entries for Workday and consolidation models, preparation of global consolidation model on a quarterly basis, coordination and preparation of certain sub-consolidation models, and preparation of consolidated statement of cash flows. As part of our dynamic Accounting & Reporting team, you will also collaborate with other accounting professionals and support external reporting deliverables and the preparation of Management’s Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) and management reporting.
• Prepare non-controlling interest proof check, currency translation balance and movement proof check using excel under guidance of the manager
• Update the current consolidation process and models for ongoing legal entity changes and mergers for tax purposes
• Ensure smooth and efficient integration of acquisitions from a financial reporting perspective
• Identify opportunities to improve/innovate financial reporting processes and procedures
• Support Internal and External Audit, and Ad Hoc Projects.
• Support annual and quarterly Standalone Financial Statements.
Who You Are
• Methodical and organised: You naturally work in a methodical way and relish the opportunity to add structure and order to your work. This will help with the competing priorities you will be managing
• Collaborative: You enjoy building relationships and acting as a team player to get things done
• Diligent: Your solid attention to detail will ensure the accuracy of the consolidation results. You will follow up with others where needed to ensure outstanding information or actions are complete
• Flexible: You are agile in your approach to your work and in working hours, after all you will be working alongside colleagues in other countries
• A creative problem solver: You use critical thinking to evaluate problems and are always looking for process improvement opportunities and automation wherever possible.
• A strong communicator: You have exceptional oral and written communication skills and are able to articulate your analyses in a clear and concise manner
Qualifications And Experience
• Accounting designation (CPA or equivalent) and 2+ years of progressive work experience at top tier professional accounting firms.
• Previous experience with multi-currency consolidations is essential
• Strong systems and technical/computer skills (Excel, Word)
This document is a guide. The duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the jobs as described herein are not inclusive and are subject to change.
Northland Power is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating a fair, inclusive and accessible environment. As part of our commitment we work to ensure our application process is accessible to all candidates. If you require special assistance or accommodation during the hiring process, please notify a member of the HR Department
Senior Financial Analyst –Consolidations and Reporting (2-Year... Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.