Booking.com Amsterdam Netherlands
2 months ago
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
Marketing Landing Experience's purpose is to provide our customers an experience that matches their intent, satisfies their needs and encourages them to progress through the booking journey with confidence. We try to deliver this experience efficiently in a consistent and familiar way across web and app through our world class performance marketing channels, and constantly build and optimise hundreds of thousands of web pages & app screens by providing relevant content and various selection of properties, flights, cars, taxis, and attractions... The successful candidate will be a key member of the Marketing Landing Experience track. They will be responsible for building dashboards and reportings to provide better visibility for landing and funnel progression insights on all platforms across products. They will be partnering with multiple product teams to establish success metrics for key objectives, identify opportunities via data and insights, provide analytical support for experiment set-up and analysis, and improve data pipelines and workflows to generate sufficient data for analysis.
Data Analysts are the drivers of how data is leveraged in solving business problems within their area. They are able to use their experience to consult with stakeholders in problem-definition, set success metrics and shape the way forward through data insights and effective communication with their audience.
Data Analysts are able to manage stakeholders largely autonomously (seeking for help in complex scenarios) based on their experience by prioritising business impact, efficiently adapting to business needs, and managing expectations accordingly.
They can use their deep practical understanding of the data, workflows, methods and tooling to autonomously drive analysis and reporting within their scope. They can adapt their tooling and approach based on business and user needs.
• Works independently and is a reference to others in their craft on data collection and preparation, data visualisation and data quality
• Maintains, drives and spots opportunities for key reports, metrics and workflows running within their scope
• Drives implementation and deployment of complex projects within their scope
• Ensures scalability, reproducibility and long term orientation in the work they do
• Challenges the status quo within the team, department and wider analytics group
• Is flexible in proposing and spotting opportunities to apply new approaches and expanding their technical competencies and their peer’s when a more efficient way presents itself
• Is familiar with the larger data ecosystem and measurement and how it relates to their data and the work they do
• Able to manage, communicate with and drive actions from stakeholders (e.g. through self-service visualisation tools or slide decks) leveraging strong data visualisation skills and storytelling, adapting to different audiences
• Is aware and has experience with statistical models and methodologies used within their scope
• Communicates effectively, collaboratively and challenges constructively to create rapport and establish trust
• Networks, proactively connects and coaches craft peers beyond the team scope
• Collaborates and is open to giving and receiving feedback with peers and direct stakeholders
• Expected to have significant deep knowledge about the operational, tactical and strategic workings of the department. Has a main focus on business and technical opportunities
Your skills and experience
• Expertise with data analysis languages (e.g. R, Python, SQL)
• Has strong data visualisation skills and storytelling
• Experience with data visualisation tool like Tableau
• Driven and results oriented personality
• Capable of driving actions from stakeholders
• Able to identify dependencies on other functions and align across these functions
• Experience working in an experimentation culture and able to process & interpret results
• Experience with analytics in decision making where AB testing is not possible
• Can explain complex analytical findings/solutions to commercial and non-technical stakeholders
• Open to feedback and always looking for ways to improve own performance
• Able to understand details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
• Able to spot opportunities to drive business growth from their craft
• Analytical and curious mindset
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Open and friendly attitude
• Expertise and experience on data analysis
• Strong data management, data visualisation and quality
• Has experience working with product teams
• Has experience in providing data & insights for multiple products across platforms (e.g. web and app) is desirable
What do we offer?
• Headquarters located in one of the most dynamic cities in Europe: Amsterdam
• Performance-based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement, and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
• Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
• Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
• Company-sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
• Diverse and creative colleagues from every corner of the world
• Generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the position
Senior Data Analyst - Marketing Landing Experience Amsterdam jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.