Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw State University Kennesaw GA Georgia
2 months ago
Job ID: 235929...
Location: Marietta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University offers undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its nearly 43,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties and entrepreneurial spirit draw students from throughout the region and from 126 countries across the globe. Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status. For more information, visit kennesaw.edu.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides front line customer service for students, faculty, staff, and community patrons. Performs stacks maintenance, resource sharing processing, gathering and reporting statistics, building management, ensuring customer compliance, and quality assurance.
1. Provides excellent front line customer service to KSU students, faculty, staff, and the broader community
2. Answers questions about library services, collections, spaces, policies, and procedures; refers reference, research, or complex questions to librarians or administration as appropriate
3. Collects fines, fees, donations, and dues via cash or check and process using established procedures for financial compliance
4. Opens and closes library facilities; acts as senior officer present during the evenings and weekends
5. Gathers and analyzes statistics and data on activities and provide reports as needed by Library Administration
6. Enforces applicable Library System and University policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of library patrons
7. Performs accessibility evaluations of physical collections and stacks maintenance. Follow established guidelines for deselection of library collections including detailed reporting for financial compliance and auditing
8. Performs resource sharing responsibilities including using interlibrary loan software and large format scanner following established USG procedures for systemwide material processing and copyright law regulations
9. Provided guidance, direction, and supervision of student assistants working on scheduled shift
High school diploma or equivalent
One (1) year of related customer service or office support experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Associate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
Previous experience in an academic library, public library, or media center
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of library systems and/or resources
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
• Credit Report
• Standard Enhanced
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials. https://www.usg.edu/hr/assets/hr/hrap_manual/HRAP_Background_Investigation_Employment.pdf
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=235929&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Kennesaw GA USA
Library Assistant Kennesaw jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.