UCAS Chipping Campden United Kingdom
2 months ago
UCAS is the go-to place for UK higher education, apprenticeships, and lifelong learning. We inspire and empower people, providers and employers to achieve their potential and thrive through choices in education, skills, and learning.
We’re a successful and fast-growing organisation, which helps hundreds of thousands of people every year. We're committed to delivering a first-class service to all of our customers — they're at the heart of everything we do.
Business Unit Description
The Digital Delivery business unit runs UCAS’ day-to-day frontline services, digital products and technical infrastructure for all customers including applicants and providers. The unit is also responsible for developing and improving customer centric products in close collaboration with UCAS’ product function.
Services to customers include the Customer Experience Centre, providing comprehensive high quality services to support applicants in their journey into university and other higher education... provision. Digital Delivery is responsible for running UCAS’ Confirmation and Clearing service, and logistics related to key deadlines in the cycle.
Working in cross-company multi-disciplinary teams comprising customer insight, product managers, architects, developers, testers and data scientists, the Digital Delivery business unit ensures that
UCAS is a customer centric, product-focused digital business, connecting students with their next opportunity.
About The Role Contractual Hours
About The Role
The Platform Engineering Manager is accountable for the design, build, continuous improvement and operation of UCAS’ Cloud platforms and DevOps pipeline. The role is responsible for the delivery and adoption of Cloud services across business units and measuring the effectiveness these services provide to the enterprise. As a senior manager in the Product & Platform Engineering team, you will liaise with technology and business partners to design and refine policy and processes to enable best in class Cloud delivery and engineering practices.
• Leadership of both the Cloud Platform Engineering (CPE) and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) teams, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly defined, and each team has the required capacity to deliver against requirements for the wider business.
• To establish, deliver, and refine a Platform Engineering roadmap to ensure that all platforms and products remain current, deliver value to product engineering teams, and supports the needs of internal stakeholders in terms of scalability, resilience, security, capacity, and operational maintenance.
• Create tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable our software engineers to test and promote code across the different environments and into production with maximum velocity.
• To work with the Enterprise Security Manager to ensure all platform services meet UCAS’ security standards.
For a full list of accountabilities see attached role profile.
Skills, Qualifications, And Experience
• Extensive and technical engineering knowledge of Cloud, emerging technology standards and trends, including defining platform roadmaps and long-term strategic plans. Deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services (ECS/Fargate, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, API Gateway, Aurora) is essential.
• Extensive experience of running platforms within a DevOps organisation – delivering DevOps tool chain and automation are essential.
• Strong and demonstrable experience of developing a CI/CD pipeline and supporting technologies.
• Strong and demonstrable experience of managing platform security and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities.
• Has demonstrable in-depth knowledge and first-hand experience with modern complex development tool chains, bug tracking systems, continuous integration, and version control systems in both commercial and open source/agile settings.
• Demonstrable knowledge of existing and emerging technologies, and their potential to enhance the performance and strength of the internet infrastructure.
• Has substantial experience and expertise in agile delivery techniques and methodologies to ensure continuous improvement and delivery of UCAS products and services.
• Ability to make technical decisions by staying stay abreast of advancements in related technologies.
• A deep technical knowledge of containerisation and serverless application architectures – able to dive into details with engineers, and distill to high level for executives.
Salary - up to £80,000
• 30(!)days annual leave (plus 3 concessionary days over Christmas and your bank holidays!)
• Flexibility – UCAS positively supports Hybrid working for its employees, meaning you can work between home and the office in a way that suits you and the business and also has a comprehensive Flexible Working Policy
• A generous pension scheme
• Hundreds of high street discounts and offers with Perkbox
• Internal training and development
• Subsidised gym and café
• Be rewarded for going above and beyond with our ex-gratia bonus scheme and Celebrating U, our quarterly employee recognition scheme
Chipping Campden UK
Jobs in Chipping Campden United Kingdom
Platform Engineering Manager Chipping Campden jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.