TIAA Paris France
2 months ago
Job Title: Senior Investment Manager
Reporting to: Head of Retail, Southern Europe
Department: Retail Team
Location: Madrid preferably, possible Paris
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Overview of the Role
The role of Senior Investment Manager is to take on primary responsibility for a number of retail investments, with a focus on managing the reporting, valuation, investor... liaison, debt strategy and overall asset management strategy for those assets. This may include properties with significant capital expenditure projects as well as forward funding or joint venture structures. The role does include supervision of other deals which are managed by other members of the investment teams. The main focus of the role is the South European markets.
Asset management will typically be run by the local teams but the Senior Investment Manager is expected to maintain close contact with Nuveen Real Estate’s Asset Managers to collect material input during acquisition phase and formulate annual business plans upon hand over and where applicable attend quarterly property review meetings, sign off leasing and capital expenditure projects and take responsibility for strategic decisions relating to the properties, mandates and ventures.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Sourcing new investment opportunities in the Retail Sector
• Leading and supervising the underwriting and due diligence process for new acquisitions as well as disposals
• Leading the full acquisition and disposal process, internally and externally
• Maintaining an excellent relationship with asset managers
• Managing strategic direction of the existing assets in the portfolio
• Managing the annual Business Plan process
• Provision of quarterly investment reporting
• Presenting to Board and Investment committee
• Liaising with investors on a regular basis
• Attendance at quarterly property meetings
• Providing guidance to the analyst and portfolio managers
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Strong reporting and financial modelling skills
• Financially numerate with a good knowledge of financial statements and corporate structuring
• 5 years+ of experience in European Real Estate investment
• Experience in Retail sector
• French and English language, knowledge of Spanish would be considered as plus
• Leadership skills, both in terms of the team but also the strategic direction of the portfolio
• Enthusiastic, proactive and keen to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
• Methodical in reporting with the ability to present information clearly in writing and verbally
• Comfortable with regular international travel
• Good understanding in terms of tenant demand & performance
• Financial, analytical and modelling skills
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Good team player contributing to the success of Nuveen Real Estate (regular liaison with regional offices)
• Act in line with Nuveen Real Estate’s Company Values
FCA registration required: No
ASIC registration: No
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, listed equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.nuveen.com
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
Email: [email protected]
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice
Real Estate - Investment Manager, Retail - Associate/Senior... Paris jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.