Ameren St. Louis MO United States
2 months ago
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position...
• Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, configures and modifies software projects and/or products or enhancements using various programming languages, technologies and development methodologies.
• Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements application, software and/or operating system components, software tools, and utilities; conducts performance testing.
• Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to guarantee availability and increase efficiency.
• Completes technical documentation for multiple functions, including but not limited to testing, QA, training, troubleshooting, operating, and/or procedures for installation and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
• Works across multiple areas and integrates knowledge of multiple areas into a single system
• Implements and tests complex code changes to fix identified defects in existing software products
• Adds enhancements to new/future software releases
• Demonstrates strong knowledge of on premise solutions and cloud-based solutions; executes on cloud-based configuration plans for new systems/technologies
• Assists in performing root cause analysis and interprets the results; provides input into action plan (e.g., provides input into prioritization of offensive/customer-facing issues and defensive/internally focused backlogs)
• Independently handles/solves software/systems monitoring issues
• May assist in development of requirements with business analysts and architects; provides recommendations to enhance design to prevent recurrence of defects
• Provides input on client/customer requirements; may develop implementation plans utilizing cloud-based solutions
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge and understanding of Ameren’s business to provide quality technical feedback
• Reviews the Digital organization’s technology enablement and integration plans; demonstrates technical expertise within own technology through determining best course of action for own projects
• Demonstrates strong working knowledge of agile software development processes and the development lifecycle; liaises with scrum masters and coaches to move project forward
• Contributes to the development and execution of implementation plans as they relate to API-led solutions; identifies and documents implementation risks of such solutions
• Utilizes relevant technologies in order to design, develop, document, and support moderate to complex integration solutions applying design patterns, reference architectures, and best practices
• Collaborates with various stakeholders to test new and modified application solutions utilizing test-driven development when possible; understands methods and technologies for load and performance testing of APIs
• Works closely with technical and enterprise architects to gather perspective on emerging and/or existing technologies related to API development and management; contributes to referential documentation related to API development standards and best practices
• Mentors other developers for designing integrations, interfaces, proxies, business objects and business services, as needed
• May be required to work off-hours for project needs, support/upgrade/outage reasons, and systems implementations
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in engineering, mathematics, computer science or business.
• 5+ years of relevant experience.
• Consideration will be given to candidates with nine or more years of relevant experience in lieu of the degree requirement.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Good analytical, communication, leadership and human relations skills required.
• Demonstrable experience required in
• Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) concepts
• Programming languages such as Java, Python
• Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) including services such as Lambda, S3, API Gateway, Serverless Framework, Machine Learning /Artificial Intelligence
• DevSecOps including experience with tools Jenkins, Git, Maven, ANT and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
• Application frameworks such as Spring, ASM Library
• Testing frameworks and tools such as Mockito, Junit, Postman
• Demonstrable experience preferred in
• Programming languages such as C
• AWS Glue, PinPoint, AWS AppFlow
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) offering such as Salesforce
• Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) such as MuleSoft
• Database such as DynamoDB and Query languages such as SQL
• Markup languages such as HTML, XML
• Modeling verification languages such as Promela
• Operating systems such as Linux/Unix
• AWS Solutions Architect Associate, Developer Associate, or Cloud Practitioner required
• Salesforce Platform Developer, Salesforce Administrator preferred
• MuleSoft Developer preferred
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include candidate testing and/or an individual aptitude or skill-based assessment. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law
St. Louis MO USA
Jobs in St. Louis MO United States
Senior Software Engineer St. Louis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.