NBC 26 Green Bay WI United States
2 months ago
The E.W. Scripps news station WGBA in Green Bay, WI is looking for a full-time meteorologist to join the weather team. The meteorologist is responsible for analyzing meteorological data gathered by satellites and radar to prepare reports and forecasts for the public. The meteorologist must have a strong understanding and engagement on digital and social media platforms and desire to engage in the... community.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Interpret and analyze weather data to create local forecasts
• Report information “live” in scheduled newscasts, during unscheduled cut-ins, on-line and on social media as needed
• Develop graphics and presentation of weather information
• Report on a variety of subjects and write stories for broadcasts and sweeps pieces
• Participate in certain aspects of newscast anchoring including some copy delivery and interviewing
• Participate in community outreach projects
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelors degree in Meteorology
• 1 to 3 years experience
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Thorough knowledge of weather data interpretation and forecasting
• Ability to deliver weather information in a concise and understandable way
• Ability to create computer generated graphics
• Computer literate, including newsroom computer systems
• Proficient at posting content to various platforms
• Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• In Studio
• In field for remote broadcasts, reporting
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
SCRIPPS' COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION:
At Scripps, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that reflects the communities we serve. We are intentional about creating an environment where employees, our audiences and other stakeholders feel valued and inspired to reach their full potential and make authentic connections. We foster a workplace culture that embraces each person’s diversity, including the extent to which they are similar or different. Scripps leaders believe that an equitable and inclusive culture is not only the right thing to do, it is a business imperative. Read more about our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion at scripps.com.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets. The Scripps Networks reach nearly every American through the national news outlets Court TV and Newsy and popular entertainment brands ION, Bounce, Defy TV, Grit, ION Mystery, Laff and TrueReal. Scripps is the nation’s largest holder of broadcast spectrum. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company
Green Bay WI USA
Jobs in Green Bay WI United States
Morning Meteorologist, WGBA Green Bay jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.