NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services London United Kingdom
1 week ago
Req ID: 229498
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
CICS Mainframe Systems Programmer
Competitive salary + Benefits
NTT DATA Services are seeking an experienced CICS Mainframe System Programmer to work on major projects based on client site in Sheffield. The role of the CICS Technical Specialist is to work with the Customer Information Control System (CICS) software product on IBM mainframe having strong technical expertise and eagerness to work with new technology and infrastructure. You must have worked on several large complex projects in a CICS Technical role designing and implementing technical solutions to commercial problems
Main Purpose of the Job
The Mainframe CICS Systems Programmer have technical, domain level and specialist skills to ensure that all the engineering services... are operated, maintained and constantly upgraded as technology advances.
There can be multiple functions within the job involving multiple products and technologies. Including but not limited to programming, support to maintain essential environmental conditions & analysis – creating functional/technical design solutions. The job holder may specialise in a single or combination of those functions/technologies.
They will be involved in overseeing the deployment, planning, configuration & testing. For this role the Series CICS Engineer will cover the support and management of all CICS services within the IBM mainframe environment.
As a CICS system programmer, you’ll need to:
• Installing, administrating, maintaining, resourcing definitions and supporting CICS systems software
• Supporting and maintaining CICS production including 'out of hours' troubleshooting
• Providing technical assistance to developers and application support teams
• Designing and developing new hardware and software technology solutions
• Leading and directing problem investigation and recovery in complex situations
• Install and test new versions of CICS
• Provide 2nd and 3rd Level Support for applications that use CICS.
• Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security
• Monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
• Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
• Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
• Ensure there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
• CICS System Programmer or Technical Specialist experience
• Knowledge of a combination of the following products:
• CICS Transaction Server 4.2 and/or 5.3
• ACF2 & RACF
• Mainframe SYSPlex environment experience is preferred
• A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
• A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long-term risks and implications
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
CICS Systems Programmer London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.