Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
Stantec Consulting International Ltd. Washington DC United States
2 weeks ago
Stantec Jobs - Environmental Scientist in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia, United States
Search for City, State, Country, Zip Code Search for Job Title or Keywords Flexible Working Locations Browse by Location Environmental Scientist | Stantec Jobs
Environmental Scientist WASHINGTON , District Of Columbia
Environmental Scientist - ( 230000QI )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
The role of the Environmental Scientist is to perform program research, planning and development, permitting, compliance monitoring, inspections/enforcement, and technical support services in relation to air, water, waste, corrective action, mining, biology, and other environmental programs. You will also write reports, develop plans, and implement steps to move projects toward closure in the most cost effective manner
Your Key Responsibilities
This position will include around 50 percent of their time working on bench-top and field evaluation research and 50 percent of the time participating in regional and national engineering projects related to water and wastewater. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Participating in a team atmosphere to execute on a variety of engineering projects in the water and wastewater areas, including treatment process develop and design.
• Planning, conducting, and managing bench-scale and field investigations on the use of a variety of novel technologies for water and wastewater treatment including a focus on treating PFAS and other emerging contaminants.
• Initially, operating and maintaining analytical instrumentation as well as developing new analyses and techniques to advance the laboratory's technological capabilities including advanced chromatographic approaches (ion chromatography, liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry, etc.) on complex environmental matrices. The role will then evolve to supervising post-doctoral fellows in the laboratory.
• Preparing research proposals for submission to various outside funding agencies, i.e., National Science Foundation and Water Research Foundation.
• Preparing technical papers for peer reviewed journals and presenting findings at selected conferences.
• Providing imaginative and innovative thinking to existing and new areas of research as well as devising novel and detailed approaches towards developing solutions for problems encountered.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Hands-on experience conducting lab and field experiments. In-depth experience utilizing basic water quality analytical techniques as well as advanced water quality instrumentation such as ion chromatography, LC-MS, etc.
• Extremely strong verbal and written skills. Evidence of writing skills will be requested.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Good organizational skills. Detail oriented and accustomed to producing high quality work.
Education and Experience
• Ph.D. in environmental engineering, chemistry, or related discipline. Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in water and/or wastewater treatment.
• Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. At Stantec, we live our corporate values every day.
• Stantec was ranked the 5th most sustainable company in the world and the 1st in North America by Corporate Knights for our 2020 performance.
• In February 2021, Stantec announced a pledge to be carbon neutral for 2022 and achieve operational net-zero by 2030.
• Stantec is the only engineering design firm that has been rated a Climate Leader with an A- score by CDP for the last three years.
• Stantec has been named by Forbes as one of the World’s Best Employers and America’s Best Employers for Women. Additionally, the American Indian Science and Engineering Society selected Stantec as one of the Top 50 workplaces for Indigenous STEM professionals
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Primary Location : United States-District Of Columbia-Washington
Organization : BC-2243 Water-US Delivery
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 14, 2023, 6:00:29 AM
Req ID: 230000QI
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Share this job
• share to linkedin
• share to twitter
• share to facebook
• share by email
FAQ Search & Apply Home Current Search Criteria
• Environmental Scientist
• District Of Columbia
• Clear All
Washington DC USA
Jobs in Washington DC United States
Environmental Scientist Washington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.