Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Australia Australia
1 week ago
On our journey to be Australia’s bank of choice, we continue to set the example of how banking should be: progressive, innovative, sustainable, shared, and most importantly, trusted.
Our Corporate Secretariat is a critical support function of the Bendigo and Adelaide Bank group. Our highly capable team of passionate professionals provide top tier executive corporate administrative support and governance advice to the Bank’s board and board committees, as well as its subsidiaries, and joint ventures. Our tight knit but geographically dispersed team strive for excellence, support each other, and learn together in a fun and fast-paced environment.
About the role
We currently have two Assistant Company Secretary positions available to join this high performing team, one is a full-time permanent opportunity and the other is a full-time three month fixed term contract role.
As a seasoned professional in the banking / finance corporate secretariat space, ideally having worked... for an ASX-listed company, you’ll be able to hit the ground running and easily step in for the Company Secretary as required.
This is a unique and influential role that will provide you with significant career development in a non-hierarchical environment where you’ll be empowered to lead and grow in a culture that encourages new ideas and better ways of doing things.
This role can be based in any of our main office locations: Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Melbourne, or Sydney, for the days that you are in the office, and then other days you’ll be working from home to help better balance your life and work.
As Assistant Company Secretary you will be:
• as passionate as we are about good governance practices
• super-efficient in managing board and board committee meetings
• skilled at using the Microsoft suite including SharePoint
• transparent with stakeholders in managing risks
• consistent in complying with legal and regulatory obligations (ASX, ASIC, and APRA)
• eager to apply your financial services knowledge and experience
• a key member of our team, leading by example
• persistent in sharing your ideas, and encouraging of others to do the same
• organised and thorough in managing corporate transactions / events
• an advocate for effective and efficient procedures
• critically astute in preparing and lodging ASX announcements
• proactive in resolving queries from our stakeholders
• agile and outcome focused in a fast-paced environment
• confident in filling in for the Company Secretary when needed
To be successful in the role, you'll have:
• a tertiary qualification preferably in law, business law, or corporate administration
• membership of the Governance Institute of Australia (ideally with a GIA Graduate Diploma) or the Australian Institute of Company Directors
• relevant experience as a company secretary within the banking/finance industry with an ASX-listed company
• experience in managing AGMs, capital raisings, and M&As
• a background in assisting with audit, risk or remuneration teams
• solid working knowledge of financial services legislation (eg. Banking, wealth management, superannuation, financial planning), APRA Prudential standards, and ASX Listing Rules (preferably)
• completed the online ASX listing officer course
• outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• expertise using Microsoft 365, SharePoint, DocuSign, Diligent and GEMS
What we offer
There's so much more to a career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank than just banking.
Working with us opens the door to a whole lot more than a fee free account. Get real benefits, work life balance and flexibility. A career with Bendigo and Adelaide Bank will see you become part of the team, your contribution will be valued, and you’ll get all the assistance you need to reach your full potential within a flexible work environment.
Bring your brilliant mind and we’ll help you take your learning to the next level with on-the-job training and external development opportunities - we want you to shine. After all, YOU are the difference that makes us the better big bank.
At Bendigo and Adelaide Bank we believe a diverse workforce supported by an inclusive culture is central to our success and we actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity of thought to our business. We support candidate requests for adjustment to accommodate an illness, injury, or disability to equitably participate in the selection process.
Be quick to apply! Applications will be reviewed as they are received and may close before the listed closing date.
If you’re excited to be part of an organisation with strong values and a community focus - then this could be the role for you! Apply now
Assistant Company Secretary – permanent and contract roles available Australia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.