Sportsbet Melbourne VIC Australia
2 months ago
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by overdelivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney, Queensland and Darwin we’re tight knit,with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
In Data Science we work collaboratively with teams across the organisation to create and evolve end to end solutions that have Data Science at their core. From sports modelling to product personalisation, our team thrives on unleashing the power of data to improve the quality, speed and complexity of the decisions and actions they drive. Our models not only power many of the products our customers get to enjoy, but they also take many of our internal processes to the next level.
We care for things we have built and look... at ways to continuously improve them; but we also love to innovate. We are known pioneers and have introduced a number of world first ML-driven customer-facing products. They come from insights, experience but often, just from someone thinking outside of the box – we play a key role in exploring these ideas and making them a reality. Not only we innovate with product, but also in the way we build, develop, deploy and maintain our solutions and how we leverage evolving platforms partnerships.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Work with key stakeholders from across the business to ensure that business requirements are explored, understood and considered when designing and building models
• Communicate complex technical information in an easy-to-understand way to keep stakeholders engaged and aligned to progress
• Design and deploy models in accordance with MLOps best principles to deliver high quality and supportable products
• Work with technology teams in conceptualise and design solutions that are maintainable, robust and resilient.
• Contribute in designing ways to test, track and communicate the ongoing impact of the solutions we deliver.
• Be a key enabler of broader understanding of our business by contributing to shaping insights, analysis and their communication throughout the wider organisation.
You - some of the talents we’re looking to find:
• Experience with conceiving, designing, building, deploying and monitoring machine learning models, with an excellent eye for detail
• Commercially minded – track record of unlocking data to drive commercial value
• Broad knowledge of statistical and computational methods for identifying patterns, extracting insights, and making predictions from complex datasets.
• Strong programming skills (e.g. proficient in Python, R etc, with experience in Spark and Databricks a plus)
• Degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science)
• Good communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences, both verbally and written.
• Team player and fast learner who will find ways to add value, both individually and through enabling their teammates
• Bonus points for a good knowledge of AWS cloud services and software engineering and DevOps in general
• Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers
• Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
• Discounted Myki & gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets and many more
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are. To make sure you are the best person for Sportsbet we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise. This ensures all types of experiences can be considered for all roles. We encourage you to apply immediately as we will begin shortlisting within 1-2 weeks of advertising
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Data Scientist Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.