University of New South Wales
University of New South Wales Sydney NSW Australia
2 months ago
Employment Type: Full Time (35 hour week)
Duration: Fixed Term role – 3 Years
Remuneration: $112,154 - $126,366 (+ 17% superannuation and leave loading)
Location: Kensington NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working)
UNSW isn’t like other places you’ve worked. Yes, we’re a large organisation with a diverse and talented community; a community doing extraordinary things. Together, we are driven to be thoughtful, practical, and purposeful in all we do. Taking this combined approach is what makes our work matter. It’s the reason we’re one of the top 50 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight. If you want a career where you can thrive, be challenged and do meaningful work, you’re in the right place.
Why Your Role Matters:
Are you passionate about unlocking the power of data and driving impactful change? We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to join our dynamic team and use your skills to transform the world... of education! As a key member of our team, you'll have the chance to develop statistical data models, design algorithms and predictive models, and analyse large datasets to uncover insights and drive innovation. With cutting-edge tools like Azure ML Studio and Databricks at your fingertips, you'll be empowered to push the boundaries of what's possible and make a real difference in the lives of students.
You will be a part of a collaborative and interdisciplinary team, where you will have the chance to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, as well as provide subject matter expertise, insights, and recommendations to enhance outcomes for key stakeholders. Plus, with the opportunity to work in a deadline-driven environment, and contribute to large projects, this is an excellent chance to further develop your project management and organizational skills. So if you're ready to take on a challenge and use your expertise to make a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
The Data Scientist, Special Projects holds a key role within the Pro Vice-Chancellor Education & Student Experience (PVCESE) Innovation Pillar . The role supports various Educational Delivery Special Projects and agile teams of Education Designer to deliver approved and strategically aligned projects associated with educational solutions.
Who You Are:
• Master’s or PhD post graduate qualifications in data science, computer science, statistical mathematics or big data analytics with relevant experience in Machine/Deep learning and data visualisation, or proven equivalent competency gained through any other combination of education, training or experience.
• Strong technical knowledge and skills in statistical modelling, machine learning techniques (feature engineering, regression, classification, segmentation, cross validation, Bayesian techniques etc.) and deep learning modelling frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras or similar.
• Advanced programming skills and experience in analysing structured and unstructured big data. Proven experience in SQL, Python and PySpark are highly desirable.
• Proven experience and knowledge in the development and implementation of data and dimensional modelling.
• Proven experience in problem solving and analytical skills on processing large and complex datasets to meet business requirements within a large organisation.
• Proven experience and knowledge in visualizing large and complex data sets. In depth experience in Power BI is highly desirable.
• Proven experience and knowledge in using cloud-based ML platform, e.g., Azure ML studio and Databricks.
• Experience and knowledge in leveraging on Microsoft Power Platform is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with colleagues; and to clearly convey ideas and information in a professional manner through presentations, written communication, high-quality analysis, submissions, reports and recommendations.
• High level organisational and project management skills with experience contributing to large projects in a technical capacity with a wide variety of stakeholders in a deadline driven environment.
• Experience working in a tertiary environment and using educational technologies including webbased learning management systems to facilitate learning a distinct advantage.
• An understanding of and commitment to UNSW’s aims, objectives and values in action, together with relevant policies and guidelines.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria (Who you are above)
- Please note applications sent to the contact below cannot be accepted.
Applications close: Wednesday 22 March - Before 11:55pm
Get in Touch:
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
UNSW is committed to equity diversity and inclusion. Applications from women, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those living with disabilities, members of the LGBTIQ+ community; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff. The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
Sydney NSW Australia
Data Scientist, Special Projects Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.