Soundway Consulting Incorporated
Soundway Consulting Incorporated Lake Stevens WA United States
2 months ago
LOCATION: Joint Base Anacostia Bolling, Washington DC
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a Cartographer supporting our DoD IC client you will provide and support a variety of cartography-based activities and tasks, including (i) collecting, measuring, and interpreting geographic information, (ii) creating maps, graphs, and other related illustrations, (iii) maintaining geographic databases and their digital files: shape files, rasters, vectors, imagery, geographic data, etc., (iv) maintaining hard-copy map libraries, (v) responding to/fulfilling requests for files, ensuring the appropriate format/file type is delivered, (vi) support the team's map-creation quality assurance efforts ensuring cartographic principle standards, best practices, and proper procedures were used.
• TS/SCI w/CI Polygraph
• Minimum 6 years' experience in cartography.
• Demonstratable knowledge & experience in:
• Sources and various methods of manual and digital extraction of geospatial data.
• Spatial and statistical analytical methods and tools.
• Basic graphical representation techniques to clearly visualize data.
• Archeological research principles.
• Create, update, and modify detailed geographic maps.
• Cartographic standards, methods, and techniques.
• World Geography
• Cartography tradecraft standards & best practices
• Proficiency & experience in:
• Map Publisher plug-in
• Google Earth
• Adobe Suite
• Microsoft Office 365 tools:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Cartography, Geography, or similar/relevant major.
• None required
• Relevant industry-recognized certification is a plus but not mandatory.
• Consistently, reliably, and professionally:
• Conveys both verbal and written work-related information clearly, concisely, and correctly the first time, using well-organized sentence structure and correct grammar.
• Communicates using the most appropriate and efficient medium (in person, telephone, email, etc.), and reliably communicates in a timely manner.
• Keeps an eye out for and introduces ideas for better ways to do things and welcomes new ideas and ways that are introduced by others
• Possesses effective and affable interpersonal skills, comfortably and successfully engaging with clients, colleagues, and external stakeholders at all levels (leaders, managers, peers, subordinates, end users, etc.).
• Espouses a principled, diligent, and consistent work ethic founded in honesty, integrity, reliability, punctuality, competence, conscientiousness, and takes responsibility for his/her/their own actions.
• Engaging, supportive, team-oriented, customer-focused, self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic and continuous delivery environment.
• The U.S. Government requires all personnel supporting U.S. Government activities/contracts to provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination upon request, and/or take COVID-19 test and report results upon request, and/or receive U.S. Government approval for Reasonable Accommodation Exemption prior to beginning work. All COVID-19 information is maintained as confidential medical information in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
ABOUT SOUNDWAY:FOUNDING PRINCIPLES. Founded in 2011 by Diane Bellegarde, a U.S. Army Service-Disabled Veteran, SoundWay is founded on the principle of Continued Service to Country through Contracting.SoundWay's mission. To help our clients succeed, our employees excel and to have a positive impact.
SoundWay provides (i) information technology (IT) and Mission Support (MS) services and solutions to the federal government's Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD) and select Civil Agencies and the State of Virginia government, and (ii) cybersecurity services and solutions to commercial businesses, academia, and organizations including: Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Certified 3rd Party Assessor Organization (C3PAO) formal CMMC certification assessments, CMMC and other cybersecurity compliance and certification-readiness services - i.e., gap analysis, POAM, SAR, remediation, etc., CMMC Managed Services, and Separation of Duties services.
Watch Us: Check out SoundWay's YouTube channel.
Benefits & Perks: SoundWay values its employees, respecting the whole person, and recognizing their efforts & accomplishments. True to our Mission Statement we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and an ethical & respectful company culture, which includes the following Benefits & Perks:
• Healthcare Benefits. SoundWay pays 100% of an employee's premium for Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, & $50K Life Insurance, and approximately 25% of the additional cost to add spouse/partner/child(ren)/family coverage.
• Bonus in Lieu of Benefits. SoundWay pays a $3,000/year Bonus in Lieu of Benefits to employees who elect not to enroll in SoundWay-provided medical benefits.
• Flexible Spending Account. SoundWay offers a voluntary 401K Retirement Plan (Slavic401K), contributing up to 3.5% matching contribution.
• Professional Development Reimbursement. SoundWay reimburses up to $2,000 a year for qualified and approved professional development, i.e., college courses, certification classes & testing, & professional association membership fees.
• Paid Non-Worktime. All full time SoundWay employees receive 10-Paid Federal Holidays and a minimum of 15 days Paid Time Off.
• Giving Back. SoundWay embraces Giving Back and encourages all staff to recommend ideas and opportunities to give back to their communities and worthwhile organizations through monetary and activity-based support. Over the years SoundWay has had a positive impact on many communities through:
• BSA Eagle Scout scholarships,
• Softballteam sponsorships,
• Donations to the Bea Gaddy Family Centers (Baltimore, Maryland),
• Donations and participation in the Susan G. Komen and Making Strides breast cancer walk events,
• And more; we can't wait to hear your suggestions!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Associated topics: bio, biomaterials, biomechanics, enzyme, fermentation, medical, metabolic, msat, neurodegenerative, pain
Lake Stevens WA USA
Jobs in Lake Stevens WA United States
Cartographer Lake Stevens jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.