TakaTaka Solutions Ltd
TakaTaka Solutions Ltd Nairobi Kenya
2 months ago
About TakaTaka Solutions
TakaTaka Solutions started in 2011 and is the largest Waste Management and Recycling company in Kenya processing over 2,500 tons of waste a month. We employ over 500 staff and support many more in the informal economy increasing their income by over 50%. We are unique in our industry in preventing up to 95% of the waste we collect from going into landfall. We do this by collecting waste from households, business, and informal workers and take it to our sites where we sort and process it for reuse. We even compost the organic waste to produce fertilizer for agriculture.
We are a dynamic and rapidly growing company with opportunities for you to grow and progress. Our vision is to turn all types of waste into a resource making the environment cleaner for future generations.
Summary of Role
We are looking for a stock Accountant who will be responsible for ensuring proper management of company’s inventory stock items
Stock accountant: Maintains and updates the... stock records, responsible for conducting physical stock counts. Perform regular stock reconciliations and overall monitoring of stock transactions.
• Manage the monthly financial close for inventories
• Diagnose and resolve causes of inventory variances/discrepancies
• Ensure that goods received by warehouse team are matched with the actual invoices and Packing list from the suppliers
• Perform monthly stock reconciliations of physical counts against system for all categories of inventory
• Implement and enforce inventory policies, procedures, adopt appropriate technology, ERP workflows and internal controls
• Assist the Head of Finance in other relevant tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Previous Experience
• Diploma in accounting/business/finance required
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/business/finance or CPA Part 2 preferred
• Minimum 2 Years’ experience in stock accounting and management
• Good understanding of stock related operational and control requirements
Required Competence and Skills
• Numerical and analytical skills
• Computer literacy, particularly good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
• Good communication skills in both oral and written forms
• Ability to deliver excellent results under minimum supervision
• Attention to details
Preferred start date
Interested candidates should apply through Brighter Monday with their CV and a short cover letter explaining (a) how this opportunity fits into the candidate’s career goals and (b) what experience they have of working in this capacity in a relevant business setting
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.