European Investment Fund
European Investment Fund Luxembourg Luxembourg
2 months ago
The European Investment Fund (EIF), is seeking to recruit for its Mandate Management – Equity Department in Luxembourg several (Senior) Equity Mandate Officer(s). These are full-time positions at grade 4/5, depending on experience.
Appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed term contract of three (3) years.
Interviews via video conferencing are planned for March 2023
Small enterprises are at the heart of the future EU economy– e.g. in the green and digital transition as well as EU Strategic Autonomy – therefore they are critical in the EU policy agenda. EIF is a key implementing partner of EU policies thanks to (i) its mission of supporting Europe´s small enterprises financing needs and (ii) the EIF´s market products launched precisely to pursue its mission. The position will be located in the Mandate Management - Equity Department of EIF. The team sources, develops, implements and manages investment mandates with EIF’s clients and partners in equity investments... The team is also responsible for developing new financial solutions and products in the field of private equity and venture capital and for the overall management of relationships with EIF’s institutional clients and partners in relation to equity investment mandates with Member States and their National Promotional Institutions.
Within the Department, you will contribute to the overall business development and relationship management activities. You will manage key relationships and investment mandates at an appropriate level commensurate with experience.
Reporting to either the Head of Standard Products Division or the Head of Structural Funds and Funds-of-Funds Division, who in return report to the Head of Mandate Management - Equity, the incumbent works in close cooperation with colleagues within the Department and other relevant EIF services.
At a level commensurate with experience, the selected candidate(s) will:
• Assist in the design, development and implementation of equity investment mandates alongside more senior team members;
• Contribute to internal coordination on mandate-related matters, acting as key point of contact;
• Manage efficiently tasks in order to provide quick, reliable, and high-quality analysis and deliverables to various internal/external stakeholders;
• Assist in the implementation of new products and investment programmes, cooperating with other EIF services as appropriate;
• Contribute to the ongoing development of a standard operational framework for mandate implementation;
• Although participation in investment activities is not a key focus of the position, participate in parts of investment activities where needed (potentially alongside the investment department), contribute to the assessment of new investment opportunities in private equity and venture capital funds, co-investments or funds-of-funds;
• Support the continuous development of a network of external relationships, including National Promotional Institutions, Member States, the European Commission, the financial community, the European Investment Bank, other governmental agencies, sovereign funds and other key players in the SME finance / private equity and venture capital markets;
• Participate and represent EIF where required at external meetings, conferences, workshops, fund representation bodies, committees, etc.;
• Draft internal and external documentation and presentations;
• Participate in horizontal tasks across the EIB Group going beyond the strict boundaries of own domain, in order to facilitate the execution of relevant business.
• University degree in finance, business administration, law, policy, or similar discipline preferably complemented with post-graduate qualifications;
• At least three (3) years relevant work experience post-qualification (after having obtained your initial diploma/degree) in a similar position or level of responsibilities and within banking, finance, consulting, policy and / or business administration sectors;
• Good understanding of equity and quasi-equity instruments (private equity, venture capital, etc.) in the context of direct investments and fund investments;
• Good understanding of the European private equity /venture capital industry;
• Any - or a combination - of the following would be considered an advantage:
• Prior experience in private equity /venture capital or investment management, and / or experience in a public bank and / or public institution focused on private equity/ venture capital
• Good understanding of the structuring of the EU budget, EU programmes and / or European Structural and Investment Funds, EU financial instruments as well as EC directorates and / or national authorities responsible for managing them as well as awareness of EU policies and relevant stakeholders/actors;
• Prior experience in project management and relationship management (particularly with policy-driven investors such as NPIs or sovereign wealth funds) and / or new product and programme design;
• Financial analysis, interpretation of financial and legal documentation, including EU regulations, and quantitative financial skills;
• Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills;
• Commercial approach;
• Excellent team spirit;
• Ability to manage complex operations and tasks;
• Very good interpersonal skills;
• Sense of initiative and problem-solving approach;
• Ability to organise her/his work, set priorities and meet deadlines;
• Ability to work within set internal frameworks, processes, and procedures;
• Ability to draft formal documents in excellent English at deliverable quality.
Deadline for applications: 1st March 2023
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIF Recruitment team R[email protected] who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
• Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
(Senior) Equity Mandate Officer(s) Luxembourg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.