Astranis San Francisco CA United States
2 months ago
nternships at Astranis typically last for twelve weeks, and are hourly roles designed for students who are currently enrolled at a four-year university.
As an Intern, you will have an amazing opportunity to work on hard problems — we pride ourselves on giving everyone at Astranis a chance to do meaningful work on challenging projects, no matter their seniority. Many past interns have designed... and tested hardware/software that is heading to space on our first satellite, and many of them are now full-time employees at Astranis.
If you have already graduated from a four-year university, please apply to be an Associate Engineer.
Pre-sales and post-sales network architecture and planning, which at its core involves optimizing high throughput satellite networks by understanding and trading dozens of parameters, including but not limited to
• Digital payload configuration
• Orbital slot selection and frequency planning
• Antenna system optimization, user coverage area definition
• Gateway location(s) selection
• User terminal selection
• Networking / modem equipment selection and configuration
The role provides a balance of technical and business / customer facing responsibilities, and is high visibility and high impact. This role includes 1:1 mentorship from a senior, seasoned sales engineer, enabling rapid learning and growth!
• Strong ability to optimize systems by juggling many variables, considering all options, running a detailed trade study
• Process oriented mindset - constantly seeking more efficient ways of doing things, anticipating features needed from both internal and external tools
• Scripting language experience, preferably Python
• Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
• Enjoy a fast paced environment, with just the right amount of chaos ;)
• Knack for math
• Ability to craft high quality presentations, deliver those presentations to potential partners, and succinctly answer challenging technical questions posed by partners
• Willingness to travel a bit (< 10%)
The base pay for this position is $26.50 per hour
San Francisco CA United States
Jobs in San Francisco CA United States
Network Planning - Sales Engineering Intern (Spring 2023) San Francisco jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.