LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET
LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
About Barnet Council
Barnet is a borough with much to be proud of. Our excellent schools, vibrant town centres, vast green spaces, and diverse communities all help make it a wonderful place to live and work. As a council we want to build on these strengths as we move into the future. We are growing and developing as an organisation to meet the challenges facing our borough and we are committed to working with partner organisations and residents to make Barnet even better. As an organisation, our staff are committed to Our Values: Caring, Learning to Improve, Inclusive, Collaborate.
Within Growth, we are shaping Barnet as a place to Live, Work, Study and Visit. Through Barnet's Growth Strategy we are delivering the housing, connectivity, support for businesses and town centres, and social infrastructure needed to sustain and improve local communities. Our Planning, Housing, Regeneration, Economic Development, and Estates services are a community of talented people... solving the real-world problems and challenges that need to be addressed to deliver change and improve lives. We are delivering this all through many strategic partnerships that collectively form one of the largest development programmes in England.
About the role
• To support the development of the Culture Strategy through the co-ordination of key strands of work such as the consultation and engagement programme and action plan.
• To project manage key borough wide arts, culture, creative placemaking and public art programmes.
• To assist with the development of a public art policy and integrate public art projects into Barnet's Town Centre programme.
• To support the administration, co-ordination and project management of key arts and culture projects and programmes including monitoring and evaluation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and knowledgeable Culture and Public Art Officer to join our Growth & Corporate Services team to assist with the development of the Culture Strategy, deliver elements of the Arts and Culture programme and to realise a number of creative placemaking and public art projects across the town centres in Barnet.
You should have solid experience of developing, delivering and co-ordinating arts and cultural projects within a local authority, museum, gallery or community context.
You should have an understanding of socially engaged public art programme and varied experience of delivering projects and programme of this nature including managing key stakeholder relationships and working with artists to realise their proposals.
You should have excellent communication, team working and organisational skills with experience of monitoring and evaluation.
You should have strong administration, co-ordination, event management and project management skills.
What we offer
• 30 days annual leave, plus public and bank holidays
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, which provides a valuable guaranteed income in your retirement together with security for your dependents
• Work-life balance options may include hybrid working, flexitime, job share, home working, part-time
• A vast range of lifestyle discounts from major retailers, supermarkets, energy suppliers and more
• Broad range of payroll benefits including cycle to work, eye care vouchers, travel and gym membership
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• Employee well- being training programs including confidential employee assistance
How to apply
Read the job description and person specification before clicking 'Apply' to commence the online application form. If you would like any further information about the role before applying, please contact Synthia Griffin - Creative Economy Project Officer .u
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Culture & Public Art Officer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.