Flood Modeller Edwards AFB CA United States
2 months ago
Your Impact :
The Applied Materials Group has a variety of basic and applied research projects ranging from small molecule ionic liquid synthesis to the development of polymers for additive manufacturing...
The group is a highly-collaborative and multidisciplinary team with a diverse set of skills. The candidate should be a team-player that is capable of conducting independent research.
The selected candidate will : Perform chemical synthesis and analysis of target materials (small molecule and / or polymer).
Analyze materials using analytical instrumentation (NMR, FTIR, UV-vis, DSC, TGA). Utilize and maintain state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation.
Here's What You'll Need :
BS or MS in Chemistry or related field. 0-3 years of experience performing chemical synthesis (organic, inorganic, or polymer).
Familiarity with modern analytical methods (NMR, FTIR, HPLC, MS, etc.) and common synthetic techniques. Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability and desire to learn new techniques and skills. Familiarity with common purification techniques (crystallization, distillation, chromatography, etc.
and / or polymer synthesis, modification, and processing a plus. Essential Functions
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position (specify and provide % of time required)
• Lifting : Up to 25 pounds for short durations (
• Climbing : No
• Crawling : No
• Special clothing / equipment (wearing) : Chemical laboratory PPE (60%)
• Unusual physical requirements : No
• High noise level : No
• Other : Extended periods of standing or sitting.
Description of Work Environment (specify and provide % of time required)
• Inside? Outside? Combination? Where? : Primarily inside (90%)
• Extreme (hot / cold) temperatures involved : No
• Hazardous conditions - What are they? : No
• Travel / transportation requirements : Driver’s License
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks (specify and provide % of time required)
• Office equipment / machines electrically / battery operated - which? : Yes, various, 10-40%
• Vehicles, forklifts, etc. operated which? : Car (10%)
• Tools used in trade - which ones? : No
Criticality of Attendance (specify and provide % of time required)
• Overtime, regular days, off days : No
• Shift, 1st, 2nd, 3rd : 1st
• Necessity for regular attendance : Yes
• Urgency for punctuality : Yes
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Last updated : 2023-03-09
Edwards AFB CA USA
Jobs in Edwards AFB CA United States
Research chemist Edwards AFB jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.