Archer Daniels Midland Company
Archer Daniels Midland Company Decatur IL United States
2 months ago
RESEARCH CHEMIST, NMR SPECTROSCOPY - Decatur, IL
This is an exempt position...
The Process Chemistry and Catalysis Group is looking for a scientist to manage the daily operations of the NMR facility. Experience with high throughput equipment, data processing, and NMR spectroscopy techniques are essential. Candidate has experience interpreting NMR spectra of small molecules, biomolecules and complex natural products.. Projects will relate to new and ongoing product and process developments.
Under the direction of a manager, project leader, or senior scientist, this role will interact with a broad range of functions, including production, engineering, and other Research teams.
• Perform all job functions in accordance with safety guidelines, and ensure that lab technicians, contract employees, and others follow ADM laboratory standards
• Perform solution and solid-state NMR experiments on an as needed basis
• Perform routine analysis, generate data to support process research developments leading to advancement of product pipeline and process support
• Develop experimental plans with lead scientist to accomplish project goals, communicate status updates on research activities verbally and through written reports and presentations
• Generate and analyze data using scientific and statistical techniques
• Assist and train users on the NMR
• Perform cryogen fills, ordering of lab consumables, and disposal of lab chemicals
• Conduct routine 1D, 2D, Variable temperature, and quantitative NMR experiments
• Change between NMR probes when necessary
• Consult with outside experts in the field for collaborative projects
• Construct and/or modify equipment according to experimental specifications and appropriate safety protocols
• Work both independently and within a diverse team to support process and product development
• Participate in safety reviews with colleagues on a variety of projects
• Maintain proper housekeeping
Skills and proficiencies:
• PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, or related field is preferred. BS or MS with commensurate experience will be considered
• Experience in preparing and analyzing solution and solid state NMR samples.
• Experience with complex biological systems and macromolecular NMR analysis is desired
• Laboratory experience in analytical or organic chemistry with emphasis on NMR, NMR spectral processing and interpretation is required
• Ability to work with automation equipment for routine analyses.
• Knowledge of sample preparation techniques
• Knowledge of safe hazardous material handling and hazardous communication requirements and procedures
• Professional experience using Microsoft Office Software, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook
• Prior experience or ability to learn Topspin and Mestrelab Mnova
• Ability to function independently while interacting with leadership, facility management, and contract employees
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a team environment
• Effective writing and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and able to maintain confidential information
• Able to safely lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds, move gas cylinders, liquid nitrogen/helium dewars, and use hand and power tools
• Able to work in strong magnetic field environments
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans’ status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]. Include your contact information, a description of the position for which you are applying, and the nature of your requested accommodation.
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
ADM unlocks the power of nature to enrich the quality of life. We're a premier global human and animal nutrition company, delivering solutions today with an eye to the future. We're blazing new trails in health and well-being as our scientists develop groundbreaking products to support healthier living. We're a cutting-edge innovator leading the way to a new future of plant-based consumer and industrial solutions to replace petroleum-based products. We're an unmatched agricultural supply chain manager and processor, providing food security by connecting local needs with global capabilities. And we're a leader in sustainability, scaling across entire value chains to help decarbonize our industry and safeguard our planet. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional and sustainability challenges of today and tomorrow. Learn more at www.adm.com.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
Decatur IL USA
Jobs in Decatur IL United States
Research Chemist, NMR Spectroscopy - Decatur, IL jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.