UNC Health Chapel Hill NC United States
2 months ago
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve...
Seeking RN leader to collaborate and guide nursing care for Emergency Department and the patient population
The Patient Services Manager I will function as a permanent Charge RN in the Emergency Department providing guidance and oversight of the nursing care and shift operations as well as the point of contact for multidisciplinary team members. Duties to include staffing and staffing assignments, patient flow, bed placement and address patient and family questions. The work schedule will be 12 hour shifts; nights 7pm to 7:30am; including weekend rotation.
The UNC Hospitals Emergency Department (ED) is a designated Level 1 Trauma Center serving as North Carolina's primary referral hospital as well as also serving as the community hospital for Chapel Hill/Orange County.
The ED at UNC Hospitals cares for patients ranging from minor illnesses and injuries to critical medical emergencies and trauma patients ranging in age neonates to the elderly. This large number of high acuity patients received in this department contributes to a very challenging and rewarding clinical environment for nurses and other members of the multi-disciplinary healthcare team.
Summary: This position is responsible for ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing staff, HUC staff and utility aide staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
• Patient Care - Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals / paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
• Human Resource Services - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
• Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
• Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified accreditating bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
• Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particularly for vulnerable or at risk populations.
• Quality Improvement- Leads and participated in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits
• Education-Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing.
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
• BLS required.
Professional Experience Requirements
• Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Emergency Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity
Chapel Hill NC USA
Jobs in Chapel Hill NC United States
RN Patient Services Manager I Emergency Department Chapel Hill jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.