Pembroke Alliance Monaghan Ireland
2 months ago
Our Client is a long established successful and growing family food business in Co. Monaghan, a leading producer of a range of high quality, award winning meat products that are enjoyed by consumers throughout Ireland.
An innovative and progressive business, with a strong set of family values and a passion for food, they are currently investing in new manufacturing facilities and automation to support exciting growth plans. People are at the heart of their family and they are looking for people to join them as they invest in building high performing teams to support their plans.
They are now developing the Production Management Team and are looking for two talented, motivated and capable Shift Production Managers (for the Day and Evening shifts) who have the drive and ambition to join them on this journey.
This opportunity offers the right candidate a platform for significant career development as well as a rewarding environment where talent is nurtured and supported.
If you feel... you have the experience and knowledge required and are excited by the challenges and opportunities described, please contact us for further information or forward your CV.
The purpose of this role is to deliver the production plan. You will achieve this through leading the production team and employing effective people management processes, ensuring training is delivered to plan and people are engaged and motived to meet key operational metrics. This is done alongside ensuring that the resources and activities of the Production shift ensure each line is operating at optimum efficiency, meeting productivity, quality, safety and company standards.
• Manage the shift to ensure all customer orders are filled on time and in full to agreed schedules.
• Oversee production planning to meet customer requirements while optimising production efficiency & inventory.
• Forward plan for promotions, seasonality, new products etc., and ensure the department continues to operate as effectively as during normal periods.
• Liaise with HR on manpower and skills planning to ensure optimum trained staff are available to achieve volume plans and forecasts.
• Collaborate with Engineering & Maintenance to develop equipment reliability and improved capability.
• Liaise with the wider Management Team on any important production issues.
• Implement communication processes that ensure timely flow of information to align teams on priorities, effective escalation, and resolution of issues, and enable employee engagement.
• Provide the Supervisory team / Team Leader group with a clear sense of purpose within their roles, coach and deliver feedback as required on a regular basis.
• Develop a high performing Production Team through effective recruitment, training, learning & development, performance management and maintain a positive culture where Dignity at Work is assured for all employees.
• Establish learning and development plans for the Team to increase their capability to meet goals and objectives.
• Monitor and report on Department performance against a set of Key Performance Indicators and implement projects and initiatives to achieve improvement goals.
• Promote a pro-active attitude to removing roadblocks and creating a continuous improvement environment from which the team can strive for excellence.
Quality, Health & Safety
• Ensure adherence to procedures and practices and maintain compliance with applicable departmental and industry standards such as BRC, Bord Bia along with other external customer standards and Health & Safety.
• Ensure a safe working environment for the team and work collaboratively with the Health & Safety Department to achieve same.
• Take ownership of audits within Production, support and coach the supervisory team / Team Leader group in the delivery of audit results, seek feedback and drive continuous improvement activities.
The Ideal Candidate for this role will have the following experience, knowledge and competences:
• 3 to 5 years in a Senior Supervisor or Manager role in an FMCG, food production facility and demonstrated success in managing people and developing high performing teams; experience in the application of Lean / Continuous Improvement Techniques. Experience of high speed automated manufacturing; production planning & scheduling experience are desirable.
• BRC, HACCP and other industry Quality standards, Working knowledge of ERP systems; proficiency in Microsoft Apps, Technically savvy and willing to adapt to new systems and ways of working.
• Drive for Results and Accountable – energetic, ambitious, motivated and consistently delivers on commitments
• Ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop people and teams; ability to solve problems and improve processes.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and influencing skills with strong organizational & analytical skills and the ability to make sound decisions/prioritise under pressure.
• Fluent in the English language
Production Manager Monaghan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.