Private home Regina Canada
1 week ago
SENIOR CARE AND COMPANIONSHIP (NURSING AN ASSET)
ELDERLY MALE, PRIVATE HOME, EAST REGINA
Full day shifts 8-12 hours preferred consecutive days Monday to Friday; Generous salary and bonuses determined on an individual basis
We are seeking individuals whom our father will enjoy. These are his final years and we want him to be happy. With assistance in the home, dedicated conversation, and shared activities, we his family caregivers, feel his own personal assistants and companions can better provide a joyful independent life at home.
He is 92 with dementia, mostly short term memory loss. He had a mini stroke in May and is on a prevention plan of medication with diet and exercise recommendations. He has no mobility issues but stopped his regular walks 2 years ago (he was a fitness enthusiast since 35). He has been experiencing apathy which is a post-stroke symptom. It has always been difficult to get him to commit to outings other than his swims or walks alone, but now does... not like to leave the house and has us cancel appointments.
Other than this he is positive each day reading the newspaper, watching some news and sports, playing rummy, enjoys visitors, engages in intelligent conversation and loves to tell old stories. The key to the job is to patiently listen and redirect when he gets stuck repeating when necessary.
We want to be clear about his condition, behaviour and character as we are looking for amazing, dedicated and skilled professionals who he can relate to with the goal to make his days as bright as can be and to inspire him to live his best life.
Our father comes from rural Saskatchewan farms and is well known as an innovative business leader in that industry and for his respect for others, humility, generosity, and sense of humour.
• Mature female
• Canadian Citizen
• Are passionate about senior care (essential)
• One year professional senior care with training
• Dementia knowledge and experience
• Nursing a definate asset
• Enthusiaastic, positive, dependable, flexible, detailed, and patient
• Mature female
• English spoken and understood clearly (conversation essential)
• Driver’s license and car
• Background checks and provision of professional references
• Proven track record of success
We are hiring the first member of a care team for a total of 3 - 4. When our father is comfortable with outside help we will hire and transition the next member. We prefer shifts 8-12 hours (less faces in a day for dementia); consecutive days; Monday to Friday. Weekends are undecided. Unmonotored overnights (you sleep) will be filled last.
• Provide dementia assistance as needed
• Maintain stroke prevention plan (meds, diet, exercise)
• Provide conversation and companionship
• Organize and participate in activities
• Prepare healthy meals (low cholesterol)
• Light housekeeping and laundry
• Lay out clean clothing as needed
• Monitor hygiene and grooming
THE ENVIRONMENT AND SUPPORTS
• Spacious private home on a lake
• Near community pool, library, gym and walking paths
• On-site vehicle for outings
• Professional deep home cleaning and maintenance services
• Nurse monitoring in home if needed
• Local friendly family support and assist as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
• Casual dress
• 12 hour shift
• 8 hour shift
• Day shift
• Evening shift
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
• Bonus pay
Periodical covid tests at employer's expense and household
Work Location: One location
Personal Assistant and Companion (Senior care) Regina jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.