Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SA
Nestlé Operational Services Worldwide SA Lausanne Switzerland
1 week ago
Location: Nestlé Research, Lausanne, Switzerland
Company: Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.
Act. Rate: Full-Time Act. Rate 100%
Type of contract: Permanent contract
PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics or relevant discipline
Genuine opportunities for career and personal development
Modern "smart office" locations providing agile & collaborative workspaces
Dynamic international working environment
Attractive additional benefits
Nestlé Research is based in Lausanne, Switzerland, employs approximately 1000 people and is comprised of five Nestlé Institutes: Material Sciences; Health Sciences, Food Safety & Analytical Sciences, Packaging Sciences and Agriculture Sciences. Please have a tour of our facilities using this link or read more about Nestlé Research at our website . Please follow us on Nestlé R&D on LinkedIn .
As a Food Safety Data Specialist, you will work with Nestle Research Scientists and Digital Experts to identify solutions... for data management and quality improvements that will enable business to gain insights for faster decision making and prediction of food safety issues and threats (Early Warning, chemical contaminants occurrence, risk-based assessment systems, etc.).
You will also establish scientific collaborations or contract partners for the digital research execution and publish recommendations and/or scientific publications about food safety data.
We offer a dynamic, inclusive, and international working environment with many opportunities across different companies, functions, and regions. Don't miss the opportunity to join us and work with different teams in an agile and diverse context.
A Day in the Life of a Food Safety Data Engineer
• Map and design food safety data pipelines based on internal and external data
• Design and execute data experiments to accelerate the processes of data analysis, data quality and reporting based on business use cases
• Scout and evaluate new data sources, technologies and data-related initiatives
• Translate and integrate selected use cases into food safety research into digital R&D prototypes in cooperation with scientists and subject matter experts (data quality dashboards, reporting on food safety, data cleaning tools)
• Ensure alignment and integration of data quality pipelines into on-going food safety initiatives
• Lead data source harmonization based on best-fit data sources
• Issue recommendations with regards to POC performance and its conversion to an industrialized solution, document and publish data quality improvements
• Cooperate with data owners on data quality and availability improvement initiatives
• Cooperate with IT to ensure proper handover of prototypes to industrialization (for the selected use cases)
What will make you successful
• PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Physics or relevant discipline
• Ability to analyze, interpret, and organize large amounts of data
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills to translate complex problems using non-technical terms
• In-depth understanding of modern database and information technologies, data transformation methodologies and visualization tools (Big Data experience a plus)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work towards meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Ability to compile and organize findings and data retrieved before presenting it to management
• Excellent level of English
Specialist Food Safety Data Lausanne jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.