Respond Housing Association
Respond Housing Association Dublin Ireland
1 week ago
The Senior Grants and Fundraising Officer, as a member of the Partnerships team within the Advocacy and Communications Department, will play a vital role in developing and implementing Respond's Corporate Social Responsibility and Philanthropic Grants Programme. This role will be critical in managing relationships with key partners who support and complement Respond's work. There will be an opportunity to shape the work and be creative, whilst being supported to develop in your role.
Location: Respond, Grace Park Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9, with a requirement to travel nationally as required.
• Hybrid working is currently in place, with an expectation to meet on-site, regularly for team meetings.
Reporting To: National Partnerships Manager
Salary: - €40K - €45K
The Senior Grants and Fundraising Officer is a new and exciting role for Respond and will be key in increasing our fundraising income. Reporting to the National Partnerships Manager, the... successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating, preparing and writing all funding proposal applications and the ongoing tracking, management and compliance of all funding activity.
The Senior Grants and Fundraising Officer will be experienced in writing grants with a proven record of accomplishment in grants, foundations, and trust fundraising. This includes researching, writing, managing, and monitoring the grants funding process to maximise success and grow income.
• Deliver ambitious fundraising targets as a key member of the Partnerships team.
• Prepare, write and submit high-quality, creative funding applications to grant-making organisations.
• Put in place a supporter journey to increase retention of existing donors and to increase donations with compelling asks for support building strong strategic partnerships with a network of funding partnerships.
• Manage the stewardship of funder relationships including issuing of acknowledgement letters, preparation of interim and end-of-year impact reports, and highlighting the impact of donor support for the people we work with.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organisation to ensure that grant management is properly embedded in all necessary processes and activities, with the goal of supporting our work with tenants and service users.
• Participate in and coordinate cross-department meetings and working groups and coordinate inputs into grant/funding applications.
• Work closely with the Communications team in developing and compiling impactful and professional marketing materials in line with Respond's values.
• Seek to promote and profile the work of Response at events and awards opportunities.
• Using relevant online research platforms, actively research grant funding opportunities with criteria fitting the needs of Respond and the users of our services.
• Monitor expenditure against budgets, produce strong management Information and keep management advised on progress, highlighting possible issues and providing creative solutions for same.
• In line with GDPR best practice, record all information relevant to partnerships on Respond's CRM system.
• Support the broader work of the Advocacy and Communications Department, as required.
• Comply with charities regulation, data protection acts, governance and best practice.
• Coordinate the use of online donation platforms such as iDonate, Just Giving, and Benevity.
• Work on the development of a robust Major Donor programme to support specific projects benefiting tenants and/or service users.
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
• Keep abreast of key fundraising trends and the regulatory environment around fundraising.
• Assume responsibility for own continuous learning and professional development.
• Assume responsibility for own safe work practice.
• Undertake relevant sector/role-specific training as necessary.
• Any other duties, as requested by your line manager or Department Head
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3 - 5 years experience in grant application writing and fundraising in the charity sector, with proven results.
• Experience in dealing with High Net Worth individuals / Major Donors with the ability to work on their own initiative to successfully introduce a Major Donor programme would be an advantage.
• Relevant third-level qualification in marketing, communications or other relevant areas such as the Charities Institute Ireland Certificate or Diploma or equivalent experience.
• Proven stakeholder management experience.
• Proven experience in cultivating and managing mutually beneficial partnerships with appropriate partners.
• Experience working in not-for-profit environments and within the Charities Regulator Guidelines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with the ability to seamlessly move between the two when required.
• Full clean driving license and access to own car.
• Strategic thinking.
• Proven influencing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Competent networker.
• Results-focused and Client / Partner focused.
• Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise workload to meet business demands.
• Excellent administration focus.
• Empathetic and compassionate.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• High level of professionalism.
The closing date for applications is on or before the close of business on Friday 31st March 2023
Senior Grants and Fundraising Officer Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.