Forgen Rocklin CA United States
1 week ago
Discover your future at Forgen...
At Forgen, we are committed to building a strong team of amazing people. When you join our team, you open the door to unlimited growth potential and the support of professionals across the country who want to see you succeed. Today, we excel in complex geotechnical and environmental construction services that restore and strengthen our natural surroundings to protect people, communities, and the environment for generations to come. With employees supporting meaningful projects across the United States and Canada, our impact on future generations is only getting started. Whether you’re looking to jumpstart your career in the environmental construction industry or a seasoned professional looking to fill one of our open management positions, we invite you to discover your future with Forgen.
Summary Of Functions
Forgen is seeking students pursuing degrees in Accounting, Finance, or related field. We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our team, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Embrace Forgen’s Core Values in all aspects of the job.
• Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
• Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
• Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
• Working with bookkeeping software.
• Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
• Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
• Speak to clients about payments, refunds, and statements.
• Preparing and verifying expense reports and statements.
• Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
• Perform additional assignments and special projects as directed.
• Candidates must be working towards a BS degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent.
• Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
• Beneficial Experience/Education:
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel Calculations (V-Lookups, Macros, and Pivot Tables)
• Courses in intermediate accounting and cost accounting, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
• Must be self-motivated and interested in learning all aspects of Accounting.
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills, with demonstrated critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative.
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time.
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt.
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives.
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Excel.
• Above average oral and written communication skills, leadership skills, along with use of judgement and creativity applied to resolution of issues.
• Highly proactive and responsive to internal and external customers
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
• Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is important.
• Regular use of the telephone and email for communication is also essential.
• Sitting for extended period is common.
• No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally may be required.
• Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and fax machines.
• Good reasoning ability and decision-making is important.
• Able to understand and utilize management reports, memos, and other documents to conduct business.
Primarily an office position. At time site visits and field project visits are required. Travel to offices and projects in various location around the country as needed. The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with site visits.
• Be able to stand or walk on a project site for extended durations.
• When on project sites or if performing some types of work activity wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, earplugs, protective eyewear, gloves, hard hat, steel toed work boots, and high visibility safety apparel.
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
• Job Site environment, including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials; waste and infectious materials; work in inclement weather conditions.
• Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
• Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities such as heavy lifting and climbing; work in confined spaces; work at heights, work around heavy construction equipment.
• Maintain effective audio/visual discrimination and perception to the degree necessary for the successful performance of assigned duties.
Perks And Benefits
Forgen offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, a retirement plan, employer paid short-term disability, accident insurance, and more. We also reward our employees’ hard work with bonuses, vacation, and paid holidays. We believe in a flexible work environment work model for most non-craft positions. As an added bonus, we also offer an awards program, education assistance program, and a robust wellness program.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
It is the policy of Forgen to fill every position without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other basis made unlawful by applicable law. Forgen is an equal opportunity employer, and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee, including managers, supervisors, and co-workers
Rocklin CA USA
Jobs in Rocklin CA United States
Accounting Intern Rocklin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.