Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust Northampton United Kingdom
2 months ago
Health Visitors make a difference every day to the lives off families they support. We are proud of our Health Visitors who provide increasingly complex support for families to ensure that they receive the care they need.
We are looking for Health Visitors with a passion for high quality care to work within our Northamptonshire 0-19 Health Visiting Team.
The post holder is expected to manage and hold a caseload, prioritising needs to ensure efficient service delivery. This is achieved by working within local cluster areas that enable practitioners to have an enhanced knowledge of their local community and public health needs.
Rewards And Benefits
• A welcome award of £3000 is offered for this post, payable within the first year of employment
• Excellent learning and development to support you and develop your Nursing Career.
• Flexible working opportunities
• Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is committed to training and developing its staff not only with clinical... skills but also in leadership and managerial skills.
• You’ll also have access to our generous pension scheme and health service discounts, as well as generous annual leave plus bank holidays.
As a Health Visitor, you'll
• Assess the healthcare needs of infants, children and families
• Monitor the safeguarding and child protection needs of vulnerable families and ensure the voice of the child is hear and advocated for in multi-agency planning
• Be professionally accountable for the delivery of care
• Utilise technology to enable you to update records as you go
In Northamptonshire you will work as part of an integrated skill mix team in order to support the service and focus on delivering quality outcomes and improving the experience of the family. You'll play a vital role in assessing and identifying health needs for individuals, families and communities. Providing and leading on health enhancing short term interventions. You will be a leader and influencer across the health and care partnership to create change and improve outcomes, to tackle health inequalities for children in our county. You will be working in an integrated skill mix team that includes Practice Teachers, Specialist School Nurses, and Community Nurses for the 0-19 team, Nursery Nurses and School Nurse Assistants.
Must Have Skills
You will need to be adaptable and resourceful. You'll need to be well organised, confident and able to cope in diverse situations to deliver high quality, compassionate care. Leadership and management skills are also important, as with all nursing roles, communication skills, problem solving and good judgement are crucial.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools. We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
For further details / informal visits contact: Name: Audrey Spence Job title: Public Health Matron Email address: [email protected] Telephone number: 07717856574
Jobs in Northampton United Kingdom
Health Visitor - North & West Northants Northampton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.