Kaiser Canyon CA United States
2 months ago
Independently manages the care of low-risk women during antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods. Co-manages higher risk patients when determined appropriate by CNM and MD. Provides standard maternity care and counseling to women, adhering to the standards of the American College of Nurse Midwives, procedures and instructions regulated by the State Nurse Practice Act and The Permanente... Medical Group.
• ANTEPARTUM Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status Determines pregnancy status, duration of gestation, presentation, and position of fetus, fetal heart rate, and determines whether all statistics are within normal limits. Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and social history and an account of the course of the present pregnancy. Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health status. Performs all appropriate physical examinations appropriate to CNM care needed, including the pap smear, breast examination, and pelvic examination. Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations on patient's chart. Consults with appropriate MD regarding any abnormal findings. Orders appropriate lab and medical imaging studies as needed. Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions. Obtains consultation and assistance from ancillary services as needed. Teaches, counsels, and guides individual members regarding their individual health care. Teaches antepartum classes as needed in individual facilities. Evaluates maternal general health status and well being.
• INTRAPARTUM Performs medical screening exam to diagnose labor. Independently manages the care of low risk women during labor and delivery, under the supervision of a physician. Co-manages higher risk patients when determined appropriate by CNM and MD. Performs facility specific standardized procedures. Evaluates patient for appropriate pain management. Includes requesting epidural for women in labor.
• POSTPARTUM Provides health supervision, care, teaches family planning, and prescribes contraception to women during the postpartum period.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current and valid California R.N. license, California Nurse Midwife certificate, A.C.N.M. certification required by date of hire.
• BLS certification required
• Current and valid DEA registration number specific to our practice at Kaiser to be obtained within one (1) year of hire at midwife's expense.
• Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Three (3) years of experience as a C.N.M. with in the last three (3) years preferred.
• Current and valid California Nurse-Midwife furnishing certification (including any needed education in pharmacy) and didactic education and supervised clinical experience in third trimester limited obstetric ultrasound preferred OR to be obtained at midwife's expense within one year of hire.
Job Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Canyon CA USA
Jobs in Canyon CA United States
Certified Nurse Midwife (Per Diem) Canyon jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.