Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora Health Buffalo Grove IL United States
2 months ago
• Performs ordering, conducting, supervising, and interpreting diagnostic laboratory and imaging studies as well as management of minor complications
• Evaluates status of labor, facilitates admission of patient to hospital for evaluation/delivery as appropriate
• Plans and provides continuous labor support, and manages the labor and delivery of essentially uncomplicated obstetrical patient, including delivery of infant, and immediate care of infant as needed, repair of lacerations/episiotomy as indicated. Initiates emergency care as needed
• Provides inpatient postpartum follow up visits, as well as outpatient postpartum visit following involution
• Provides evaluation and management of family planning needs, and routine gynecologic exams
• Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessments and develops patient care plans, referring to MD as appropriate
• Provides individualized client teaching and counseling utilizing nurse midwifery philosophy, for inpatients and outpatients
• Fulfills billing and productivity metrics requirements where appropriate and maintains relevant documentation where appropriate
• Provides other clinical duties as appropriate
• Completes and documents accurate comprehensive, episodic history and physical assessments including ongoing prenatal assessments at regularly prescribed intervals.
• Encourage involvement in professional organizations
• Participates in peer review in accordance with privileges, competency assessment activities and maintains appropriate credentialing and privileging requirements
• Advocates for patients, families, co-workers, the community, and the nursing profession
• Advises leadership in adoption of organizational change, quality improvement initiatives, best practice research and patient care best practice and integrate evidence-based knowledge and clinical expertise in decision making
• Seeks experiences and formal and independent learning activities to maintain and develop clinical and professional skills and knowledge
• Establishes an effective relationship with the interdisciplinary team including the collaborating physician where appropriate
• Advances the profession through presentations and publications
• Conducts, assists and/or mentors others in research through participant selection, coordination of the protocol(s), data collection, and other associated activities
• Provides education to patients, families, and significant others using established education materials
• Provides feedback to and consults with leadership in assessment, problem-solving, decision-making, and evaluating system issues and models of care
• Identifies and participates in quality-improvement initiatives within the practice setting and initiates change to translate clinical research findings into evidence-based interventions in the practice setting
• Participates or leads multidisciplinary teams to provide integrated delivery of patient care services
• Initiates and revises protocols or guidelines and facilitates organizational change to reflect evidence-based best practice relative to practice setting
• Works to influence policy-making bodies to improve patient care
• Nurse, Advanced Practice (APN) AND Nurse, Registered (RN)
• Masters of Nursing Degree as APRN-CNM
• 2 years RN experience preferred
• 1 year APRN-CNM experience in the relevant setting preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficiency with an Electronic Medical Record
• National certification as a CNM from an accredited body
• Current Illinois APRN License
• Current Illinois Registered Nurse license.
• Current Illinois Controlled Substance License within 6 months of hire
• Eligible for DEA registration; Possession of a current DEA Registration within six months of hire and may vary based on practice site
• Current NRP Certification
• Current BLS Certification
• Current PALS/ACLS certification may vary based on practice site
Physical Requirements And Working Conditions
• Travel may be required
• Ability to work varying hours and shifts to meet the needs of Advocate Health Care. This may include on call coverage -Ability to work under stressful conditions and in difficult situations.
• Able to respond quickly to patient needs and work at a fast pace -Routinely works with potentially infectious specimens and patients.
• Work environment includes probability of exposure to adverse, hazardous or unpleasant conditions while caring for the sick
• This position can recognize needs and behaviors of a variety of patient age groups; i.e., understand child growth and development, normal patterns of adolescent behavior and looks for signs of normal aging.
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties
Buffalo Grove IL USA
Jobs in Buffalo Grove IL United States
Certified Nurse Midwife, Northwest Suburbs, Full time CNM Buffalo Grove jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.