Kaiser Kerman CA United States
2 months ago
In conjunction with Chief of Service and/or OB/GYN physicians, the Chief CNM, supervises the Certified Nurse Midwives. Independently manages the care of low risk women during antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum periods. Co-manages higher risk patients when determined appropriate by CNM and MD. Provides standard maternity care and counseling to women adhering to the standards of the American... College of Nurse Midwives, procedures and instructions regulated by the State Nurse Practice Act and The Permanente Medical Group.
• Interviews, hires, trains/develops, supervise and evaluates certified nurse midwives.
• Oversees development and maintenance of CNM service schedule, maintains CNM standards, policies and procedures, and develops goals and performance improvement opportunities.
• Calls and conducts meetings of CNM staff as needed to implement the above duties and responsibilities.
• Establishes and maintains quality of care and service standards. Ensures staff is in compliance with TJC, and other local, state and federal regulations. Maintains a mechanism for peer review and annual performance evaluation. Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocation.
• Monitors CNM financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service. Works collaboratively with OB Chiefs, managers, and hospital committees to ensure integration of nurse midwife functions. Attends or sends designee to Regional CNM peer group meetings.
• Provides clinical rotations for nurse-midwifery students from accredited Nurse-midwifery education programs.
• ANTEPARTUM Evaluates patient's general and obstetrical health status. Determines pregnancy status, duration of gestation, presentation, and position of fetus, fetal heart rate, and determines whether all statistics are within normal limits. Obtains an accurate medical, obstetrical, gynecological and social history and an account of the course of the present pregnancy. Observes signs of the member's general and obstetrical health status. Performs all appropriate physical examinations appropriate to CNM care needed, including the pap smear, breast examination, and pelvic examination. Records all findings of examinations, histories and significant observations on patient's chart. Consults with appropriate MD regarding any abnormal findings. Orders appropriate lab and medical imaging studies as needed. Institutes preventative measures and detects abnormal conditions. Obtains consultation and assistance from ancillary services as needed. Teaches, counsels, and guides individual members regarding their individual health care. Teaches antepartum classes as needed in individual facilities. Evaluates maternal general health status and well being.
• INTRAPARTUM Performs medical screening exam to diagnose labor. Independently manages the care of low risk women during labor and delivery, under the supervision of a physician. Co-manages higher risk patients when determined appropriate by CNM and MD. Performs facility specific standardized procedures. Evaluates patient for appropriate pain management. Includes requesting epidural for women in labor.
• POSTPARTUM Provides health supervision, care, teaches family planning, and prescribes contraception to women during the postpartum period.
• Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees. Basic Qualifications:
• Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Certified Nurse-Midwife required.
• Graduate of a nurse midwifery program accredited by the American College of Nurse Midwives (A.C.N.M.).
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current and valid California R.N. license, California Nurse Midwife certificate, A.C.N.M. certification required by date of hire.
• BLS certification required.
• Current and valid DEA registration number specific to our practice at Kaiser to be obtained.
• Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
• Demonstrated ability to work in teams and have effective communications and listening skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of all regulatory requirements and legal consequences of midwifery care.
• Demonstrate a track record of following the precautionary and preventive measures in giving patient care.
• Proven ability to exercise professional prerogatives based on sound clinical judgment.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
• Current and valid California Nurse-Midwife furnishing certification (including any needed education in pharmacy) and didactic education and supervised clinical experience in third trimester limited obstetric ultrasound preferred.
• Shifts will vary. Days, evenings, and nights required.
Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Kerman CA USA
Jobs in Kerman CA United States
Chief Certified Nurse Midwife Kerman jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.