Solvay Augusta GA Georgia
2 months ago
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose-we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress-is a call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science. In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force... triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow's megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges. You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for:
The Process Engineer will be a member of the technology team that is responsible for the safe, reliable, & cost effective operations. The engineer will work on the optimization of unit operations & small/medium projects as well as new products with R& D.
The engineer will lead efforts to improve reliability and support Operational Excellence. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for hands-on support, troubleshooting production issues, defining scopes of small to medium capital projects, suggesting product and process improvements and working effectively with all levels of the organization from plant operations to maintenance, customers and suppliers.
We count on you for:
The Process Engineer will report to the Technology Manager, and will work in a team-based environment, and is responsible for:
• Providing process engineering assistance to troubleshoot operational problems, minimize unit interruptions, and maximize capacity utilization.
• Study, define and propose the most optimal production conditions, taking into account cost and quality.
• Monitoring and tracking the performance of the production facility and analyze production processes in order to improve them.
• Contribute to the development of preventative maintenance plans.
• Ensure that all process engineering activities are in compliance with HSE regulations and policies.
• Reconciling process data used in analyzing unit and equipment performance.
• Utilizing process models to evaluate cost reduction opportunities.
• Recommending, designing, conducting and evaluating process testing for the purpose of quantifying unit performance for cost reduction.
• Act as a liaison regarding technological matters towards other departments, CC, suppliers and customers.
You will bring:
• B. S. or graduate degree in Chemical Engineering
• 5 - 7 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering
• Familiarity with specialty polymers business considered a plus but is not required
• Must have a strong safety and environmental orientation
• Familiarity with PSM and OSHA 1910 standards is required.
• Experience interfacing with operators, foremen, optimization, and day-to-day hands-on troubleshooting.
• Computer competencies to include: Microsoft Office, SAP, DCS, etc.
• Perform required safety audits per the Augusta Plant yearly audit plan.
• Attend plant-wide safety/wellness sessions.
• Review/perform required safety audits, JSA's and What-if scenarios.
• Complete all required CBTs on time.
• Participate in PSM, PHA, and PSSR field reviews, as well as Follow-Up Incident investigations as needed.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all plant environmental standards, ES-01 through ES-10.
• Know the environmental permit limits for your assigned plant (air, waste water, storm water).
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Hazardous Waste Rules (RCRA) to include storage, handling, sampling, transporting, manifesting, record keeping, and emergency response.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the facility environmental plans (SPCC, Storm Water Pollution Prevention).
You will get:
• Location(s): Augusta (Georgia, USA)
• Competitive salary
• The U.S. annual base salary range reasonably expected to be paid for this new hire is: $90,000 to $130,000. Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate, we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base salary range. Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and/or other incentives..
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• 16 weeks of maternity/paternity and co-parenting leave
• Training platform for all employees
• Free language courses (24 languages available)
• Solvay Shares Plan
• Free well-being sessions (physical and psychological)
Solvay's purpose is to bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress. We can only fulfill this purpose with a diverse workforce that feels respected and appreciated, and has equal opportunities to work, grow and thrive. Our differences, visible or not, are valued. As Solvay seeks to promote unity and not uniformity, we invite you - regardless of background, age, gender, race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, ability or identity - to consider a future with us
Augusta GA USA
Process Engineer (Augusta, GA) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.