RaceRocks 3D Inc.
RaceRocks 3D Inc. Victoria Canada
2 months ago
Level: Intermediate Graphic Designer/ UI Designer
Starting Salary Range: ($52,500-61,000)
Work Location: Remote
What's the Job?
RaceRocks3D is looking for an experienced and passionate UI and Graphic Artist that is ready to join a creative team in modernising the learning experience of professionals in industries such as aerospace and defence.You will join a high functioning, motivated, and passionate group of Artists, Learning Designers and Developers on creating the next generation of technology enabled training in rich and immersive media environments. We specialise in creating authentic, compelling and immersive learning experiences with interactive multimedia, including VR simulation.
You will work closely with an Art Lead, Product Managers, Project Managers and external stakeholders, to define media needs, develop style guides, design interfaces and create media assets to help craft intuitive experiences for the learners of tomorrow. You will design, test and implement visual... solutions for a learner’s user experience journey, ensuring a smooth and intuitive interaction across a spectrum of technology platforms and learning objectives.
What will you do?
• Work closely with a team of 3D Modellers, 2D Artists, Developers and Learning Designers on designing and developing media and game environment user interfaces
• Work with your Art Lead on defining and developing custom style guides
• Be a vocal and active participant in early planning, scoping and prioritisation
• Own the quality of your work, and work collaboratively with fellow artists on receiving and providing constructive feedback
• Actively listen to clients and stakeholders, aligning their goals with sound UI and visual design principles
• Be a great team player working with agile teams
• Design and create 2D illustrations and schematics and edit photos
• Design and create professional-quality UI elements by relying on expertise in standard software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Adobe XD
• Design 2D animations using After Effects and assist in video editing projects using Adobe Premiere
• Develop visual proof of concepts such as wireframes, and be able to own or partially own development of a product’s style guide
• Conceptualise and develop visual mocks based on client or product owners needs
Who Are You?
You are an inspiring Artist in the digital world. You believe that your colour, shape and placement choices gives your audience clear, frictionless navigational or informational choices. You understand the fundamentals, and what makes seamless user interface experiences today, while looking for opportunities to define the future. You are excited by the challenges of different mediums, and what good UI means in those spaces (VR/AR/MR/Mobile).
You are a creative who is not satisfied doing one thing, always striving to build and broaden your skills with new challenges and new visual mediums and toolsets. Ideally you have experience working in agile teams, with developers, product and project managers, and subject matter experts.
What should you bring?
• Three or more years of industry experience and proven track record
• Some hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
• Demonstrable understanding of layout, composition, colour theory and typography
• Experience using tools such as Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator and Adobe XD
• Creative ideas with a problem solving mindset
• Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
• Openness to receiving objective feedback
• Additional art experience (3D modelling, 2D Art, video editing, etc) an asset
• Portfolio of most recent work
• A degree or diploma in art or design from a recognized post-secondary institution
Who are we?
RaceRocks is creating a world of limitless learning through innovative training experiences and custom software tools for military and aerospace partners. Our team utilises cutting-edge technology to create realistic, interactive experiences for learners to practise and adapt from the classroom into the real world. Our goal is to Enable Teams and Empower Decisions.
We are a people-first company committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality and inclusion. We are working hard to create career paths for those who are passionate and eager to grow both professionally and personally. We are proud to be an Indigenous and woman-led business helping to foster opportunities across the tech industry.
• Extended health benefits including dental, life insurance, vision care and mental wellness program
• Social events hosted by the Culture Committee
• Professional development program
• Flexible work hours including optional flex Fridays
• 3 weeks vacation to start
• Work from home stipend
• All candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
• All candidates must be willing to undergo security assessments as required by Public Services and Procurement Canada.
RaceRocks is a remote-first company with team members across Canada, with an office for optional use in Victoria, BC. Team members are required to be available for team building and collaboration during core operating hours of 9:00 am to 2:00 pm Pacific Time. Outside of core working hours, we offer flexibility to support work-life balance. Although our HQ is in Victoria, BC we are open to hiring candidates from nearly anywhere in Canada. At this time, we do not have the infrastructure to support hiring candidates from Quebec or to hire/support working internationally.
We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, Black peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, any qualified person of legal working age, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted
Artist - Graphic Design / User Interface Victoria jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.