nūbō studio Ontario Canada
2 months ago
nūbō studio Graphic Designer Job Description
About nūbō studio
We are a full-service luxury event & wedding stationery studio. We collaborate with our clients and vendors to concept, design, and produce works of art to elevate the guest experience at events happening all over the world. We are service-oriented, meticulously detailed, value people over profit, and our team is made up of skilled individuals who share and demonstrate these values.
Ultimately, the Graphic Designer’s duties are to be the “hands and feet” of the Creative Director by creating and revising designs for clients and preparing the deliverables for the appropriate medium.
The Graphic Designer works in a challenging and fast-paced environment that requires excellence to keep things running smoothly, must be able to work well under pressure without sacrificing quality and must be detail-oriented, dependable, a problem solver and a good communicator.
To succeed in this role, the Graphic Designer... needs to have proficiency in the appropriate design software(s), be excellent with time management and communication skills to collaborate with clients, vendors and staff to deliver results on time. This person must also be driven by a desire to serve people well.
You should apply for this role if:
• You are a graphic designer who is dedicated to providing clients with a first-rate experience.
• You want to do more than just graphic design. As nūbō continues to grow, you could be asked to help fulfill some other responsibilities (assemble orders, manage vendor relations, order supplies, etc.).
• You can handle multiple projects simultaneously, with tight deadlines; you don’t get overwhelmed too easily.
• You’re open to doing a bit of traveling. There may be some opportunity to travel (USA, Europe) to assist in producing events.
• You have an appreciation for weddings and event design.
The expectations of the nūbō studio Graphic Designer are to:
• Ensure design elements are completed in a timely manner with a quality product;
• Use the best design methods, applications, software and techniques to work on projects;
• Ensure the details and deliverables of a given project are well-organized;
• Manage multiple ongoing projects keeping within design specifications;
• Communicate with various parts of the business to keep everyone informed on any changes to the design plan;
• Maintain nūbō brand consistency across all design work;
• Collaborate with fellow designers to develop new approaches for creating more expressive graphics for the company;
• Maintain detailed, thoughtful, and timely communication with all clients and members of the nūbō team. There should be no surprises when collaborating on projects;
• Take initiative in downtime, finding things to improve within the company and its processes, and ultimately seek to improve the company’s operation and processes.
The key responsibilities include:
• Working closely with the nūbō studio principles to understand and implement design ideas and concepts;
• Creating and designing various materials for digital and print;
• Liaising with clients and nūbō studio principals on all revisions
• Selecting colors, fonts, images, layouts, etc;
• Advise best practices and optimizations throughout design projects;
• Work with a wide range of media and graphic design software;
• Implement feedback and changes whenever possible;
• Create visualizations that convey accurate messaging for the project;
• Receive creative concepts/briefs from the Creative Director, implement and prepare them in the appropriate software;
• Make the required revisions, and present deliverables on time;
• Keep all deliverables organized, and easily accessible;
• Other duties as assigned.
Competencies and skills
• Proven work experience as a Graphic Designer or similar role;
• Proficiency in programs such as Adobe Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator;
• Experience with both print and digital media;
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and basic web design;
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred, but not necessary;
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management;
• Portfolio of work with a wide range of creative projects;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills;
• Ability to navigate project management tools (e.g. Asana, Trello), CRMs (e.g. Dubsado), Google Suite & various Microsoft applications/tools;
• Willingness to learn and adapt;
• Eagerness to help
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.