Marvell Technology Ottawa Canada
2 months ago
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
The Broadband Access group designs physical layer ICs for high-speed fiber optic data communication, such as... Transimpedance Amplifiers (TIAs), and drivers for Silicon Photonic (SiPho), discrete Electro-absorption Modulators (EAMs) and Mach-Zehnder Interferometer Modulators (MZMs). This group is the market leader in delivering TIAs and Drivers that support 10Gbps to 800Gbps systems. We address the bandwidth, capacity and power issues faced by cloud computing and mega data center networks. Our world class group leverages our core competencies in advanced circuit design to solve the world’s ever-increasing desire to transmit more data for less power with fewer errors. We are continually first to market in Data Center, Metro and Long-Haul applications.
As a member of the design group, the candidate will be responsible for design, layout and verification of FET and BiCMOS circuits for high-speed broadband ICs that serve these applications.
• Understand the requirements of the product and how your block fits into it.
• Capture schematics in Cadence Virtuoso
• Investigate new archtectures to come up with the best choice for the requirements.
• Perform layout of an integrated circuit block.
• Create an extracted model of the design.
• Run simulations to verify the performance of the design.
• Document the design and hold a design review with the design team.
Looking to fill a 4 to 8 month position with a flexible start date.
• Candidate MUST be currently pursuing a MSc or PhD degree in EE or related technical field(s)
• Detailed understanding of various different circuit blocks such as:
• Opamps, VGAs, High Speed Drivers, TIAs, Mixers, VCOs.
• Ability to analyze feedback networks.
• Familiarity with layout.
• Understanding of device physics.
• Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
• Knowledge of Cadence design software.
• Knowledge of SiGe Bipolar as well as CMOS is a plus.
• Ability to perform electro-magnetic analysis and simulation of planar inductors, trasmission lines and t-coils.
• 0-4 years of previous industry experience
With competitive compensation and great benefits, you will enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We’ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us. For additional information on what it’s like to work at Marvell, visit our Careers page.
Marvell provides a work environment that promotes employee growth and development. We are searching for an individual who wants to grow with the company and will strive to improve performance. If you are driven, personable, and energetic, there will be additional opportunities for you here at Marvell.
This role is eligible for our hybrid work model in which you will be able to split time between working from home and on-site in a Marvell office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status
Analog Design Engineer Intern (8 or 12 Month term) Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.