PER International Littlehampton United Kingdom
2 months ago
A global leader in the design and manufacture of highly engineered, precision power conversion, measurement and control solutions for mission-critical applications and processes. Their products enable customer innovation in complex applications for a wide range of industries including semiconductor equipment, industrial production, medical and life sciences, data centre computing, networking and telecommunications.
Growing company with plenty of opportunity. Branching out into new medical power designs really helps society. Cutting Edge design. Continuous Professional Development. Flexible and competitive environment, working on productive projects. Great place to close your gap in skills and give you opportunities when asked. The last audit said, 'Highly motivated team, very talented'.
Performs engineering work in applied research, design, development, testing, manufacturing, and documentation of products or systems. Works with customers to understand... equipment/system requirements and to ensure that the product(s) work in the application(s). Uses research techniques to analyse and validate design or theory concepts. Provides direction and leadership to engineers, engineering technicians and CAD designers related to program-specific work. Interacts with senior-level professionals both internal and external to the company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDE
• Responsible for the design and development of low-power high voltage power supply products/systems to support our precision ebeam product line.
• Work with customers to understand and agree on specifications, and propose and execute design solutions to meet specification, cost, budget, schedule, and quality goals.
• Responsible for product development from initial concept through to support of production release.
• Responsible to diagnose issues of diverse scopes, such as design, field performance, reliability and test yields of products; recommend/implement corrective actions as necessary to address.
• Assumes responsibility for the success of the product/system in the customers' applications and recommends/implement corrective actions as needed.
• Follows key engineering procedures including the Product Development Process and ECO process.
• Supporting development/mentoring less experienced engineers and engineering technicians
• Works in a standard office environment, electronics lab, and manufacturing facilities
• New product development in accordance with the internal PDP (Product Development Process)
• Testing and debugging new design hardware
• Documenting and recording information related to new designs.
• Working with the CAD team on PCB layout and mechanical design.
• Working with the Firmware team on signal monitoring etc.
• Assisting build of new parts/products as part of first prototype development and test
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Prefer 5 years minimum experience in an electronics development environment.
• Understanding of power semiconductors BJT, MOSFET, SiC, GaN etc.
• Gate drive circuits, snubber circuits
• Magnetics design, transformers, inductors
• Good understanding of power supply topologies, buck, boost, flyback, self-oscillating, resonant etc.
• Good understanding of analog electronics, OP-AMP circuits etc.
• Ability to analyse and stabilise a power supply control loop.
• Experience in low-noise analog circuitry would be advantageous.
We are committed to submitting suitable candidates for this vacancy to our client ASAP, for more information contact Glane Raquidan at PER Recruitment or send your CV to [email protected] cc: [email protected]
Jobs in Littlehampton United Kingdom
Lead Design Engineer Littlehampton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.