State Government of Victoria, Australia
State Government of Victoria, Australia Dunnstown VIC Australia
1 week ago
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career and obtain valuable experience working in the Legal Services Department at Victoria Police. The Legal Services Department is enhancing its response to meet the expansion of court networks and jurisdictions across Victoria.
Victoria Police is seeking to meet this demand with an enthusiastic, skilled, and dedicated advocates to prosecute a range of civil applications, primarily family violence intervention order applications. You may also be required to case manage matters arising out of criminal prosecutions, and firearms applications.
The role offers an opportunity to tailor your skills to an array of matters that vary in complexity. You will be expected to perform caseload management and offer legal advice and information to a range of clients. You will also be required to develop and maintain collaborative relationships within the expansive Victoria Police workforce as well as working with external... stakeholders across agencies as part of a broad network to ensure cooperative and proactive approaches to addressing community harm.
Whilst the role will be challenging and dynamic, it will present you with a rewarding experience and possibilities for future career progression.
As the successful applicant, you will need to demonstrate an ability to manage busy court lists and competing priorities effectively whilst coaching, mentoring, developing and managing junior lawyers. You will be responsible for the day to day management and support of the lawyers and legal support officers within the Moorabbin Prosecutions Unit at Moorabbin Justice Centre.
Victoria Police is a contemporary and agile workplace and support flexible working arrangements.
Your duties will include:
• Appear in the Magistrates' Court and the Children's Court.
• Provide day to day management to lawyers and legal support officers within your unit.
• Ensure rostering of your team to ensure coverage in court.
• Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders.
• Compile monthly reports as directed by officer in charge.
As the successful applicant, you will have:
• Admission to practice as an Australian Lawyer (Unrestricted Practising Certificate).
• High level understanding and experience as a court advocate.
• Ability to work in a team, in a developing and emerging work environment.
• High level of resilience and emotional intelligence.
• Experience in coaching, mentoring and developing junior Lawyers
• A current and valid Drivers' Licence.
Requirements and relevant information:
• This position is located at Moorabbin Prosecutions Unit, 1140 Nepean Hwy, Highett 3190.
• Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
• The successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment checks which may include fingerprint checks and misconduct screening.
• In accordance with organisational policy, all Victoria Police employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including a booster vaccination) against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exception. As such your employment with Victoria Police is subject to providing evidence of your vaccination status.
• As a member of the Legal Services Department you will be located, on selection, at a specific office within a Division for a particular advertised opportunity. However, given occasional legal service demand issues you may be required at times to undertake varied work within the Department. This supports the Departments commitment to a flexible and deployable legal workforce and professional development opportunities in a range of legal domains.
Your application must include:
• Completed application form – the word document (2. Application form) for you to complete and attach to your submission, is attached to the job advertisement.
• A copy of your Australian Legal Practising Certificate.
Applications close midnight, Wednesday 22 March 2023.
Please Note: All applications will need to be submitted through one of the following platforms; Jobs and Skills Exchange (JSE) the Victorian Government careers website (Careers.vic) website or Seek.
Applications will not be accepted via other platforms or email.
Current Victorian Government employees must apply via Jobs and Skills Exchange (JSE).
If you have a disability/medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirements/reasonable adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact VPS Recruitment via email [email protected] or on (03) 8335 6004.
Victoria Police has a dedicated workforce of more than 22,000 employees consisting of police, protective services officers, police custody officers, and public service staff. Each employee plays a vital role in providing the 24/7, 365 days a year emergency response and public safety capability the organisation delivers to its community. As a Victoria Police employee, you have a dedication and commitment to community safety.
Having a workforce that reflects the community we serve is important to Victoria Police. We want to attract and retain people of all genders, ages, religions, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities, and cultures including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage. If you are interested in a position, we encourage you to apply as we celebrate the benefit that diversity brings to our employees, our services, and our community.
68 jobs are currently listed for Victoria Police
Help us improve by sharing your feedback
Dunnstown VIC Australia
Jobs in Dunnstown VIC Australia
Senior Police Lawyer (VPSG4) Dunnstown VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.