Suncorp Australia New Auckland QLD Australia
2 weeks ago
Want to be part of a valued team in an organisation making a difference to New Zealanders and protecting what matters most to them? There has never been a more important time to be part of the insurance industry, responding to climate events, adapting to regulatory change and facing into social and environmental issues.
We are looking for a talented lawyer to support and influence our diverse business as we move through an exciting period of transformation and regulatory change. With a focus on corporate and regulatory advisory, you will be an integral member of our leading in-house team, reporting directly to the Head of Legal. Our business encompasses general and life insurance functions, wealth products and consumer lending. You will work with stakeholders at all levels throughout the New Zealand Suncorp Group, which includes the Vero Insurance and Asteron Life brands, as well as our joint ventures, AA Insurance and AA Money. There are opportunities to work in a variety of... advisory areas critical to the business, including technology, distribution, regulatory advisory and investigations, procurement and marketing/sponsorship.
We will consider relevant advisory, regulatory and litigation experience that will add value to this role, along with a growth and strategic mindset that supports Suncorp New Zealand's strategic plan. We embrace flexible working options and would consider these for the right candidate.
• Provide legal advice to relevant functional areas to protect the interests of the business that is aligned to the Group strategy.
• Deliver commercially focussed legal strategies and solutions.
• Partner with the business to simplify complex legal problems into concepts that can be easily understood.
• Develop and foster stakeholder relationships across the whole business, and at all levels.
• Manage and influence stakeholders to drive excellent business and customer outcomes.
• Actively identify areas to improve the operational efficiencies of the Legal team through innovation.
• Actively contribute to a positive risk culture which encourages transparency and reporting of risk.
Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor of Law and current practising certificate is essential
• Admission as a Solicitor or Barrister in New Zealand
• Minimum 2+ years previous relevant legal experience in either a law firm or in-house legal practice
• Regulatory advisory experience desired in either a corporate or litigation capacity
• Demonstrated commercial acumen and an ability to work autonomously, including with Senior Leaders
• A strategic and continuous improvement mindset
We're proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia and New Zealand's most trusted names in insurance - working together to bring about faster, simpler and better outcomes for our customers and corporate partners. Our commitment to strong, supportive partnerships extends to our people as well, and the opportunities and support we provide to help you thrive in your career with us. And with a shared customer-obsession and the digital capabilities to make a genuine difference, you'll see the meaningful impact you can make for our customers and communities, while watching your own career shine too.
We offer a range of benefits such as:
• Competitive salary and discretionary annual bonus
• Up to four days of flexible leave in addition to annual leave
• Positive, inclusive team environment where we welcome individuality and celebrate diversity, as well as a generous parental leave policy
• Flexible work arrangements embracing a healthy work/life balance and work from home support
• Discounted medical insurance through Southern Cross
• $250 annually towards wellness activities
• Ongoing learning and development opportunities
If this opportunity sounds like you, please apply today
New Auckland QLD Australia
Jobs in New Auckland QLD Australia
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.